another primming question

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
sorry to bring it up again but maybe it will help others . i just changed the motor on my truck been driving it for 2 weeks .It has always been harder to start than the old one .It will stat then die I switched the ip lift pump ,injectors and filter head from the old motor .my problem is it looses its prime and very hard to start .I have to bleed the filter head and injectors to get it going.OK now for what ive done, i blocked the return line from filter head to cyl 1 ,same thng.i removed filter after 10 min was less then 3/4 full.if i remove the power wire from ip crank the motor with the schrader valve open takes 10 revolution before i get fuel .So the fuel is empting from the filter going somewhere . So now i remove the power wire crank the motor for 10 secs then plug the power wire on and it starts right up .I though maybe the lift pump but installed another one ,so now im leaning into getting an electric pump to get rid of my problems .

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like return lines letting air in. Must be an o-ring or something with a small leak.

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
if it were the return lines then why when i block the return from the filter head it is the same ? im just wondering correct me if im wrong