Another new guy....

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Don't do "self intros" often so this won't be that great.....
Recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a 1987 F250 with a 6.9. A dead 6.9 actually. PO claimed it hasn't ran in two years and I sorta knew him through a mutual friend so I took a chance. Basically, I bought it for scrap value. Got it home, Pulled the oil drain and at least 2 quarts of grey water poured out then hot tar viscosity, graphite grey sludge oozed out. Upon looking in drain pan, Noticed slight amount of bright green coolant. Now, before you all scream "IDIOT!", I checked both the oil cap and dipstick. The dip stick is a dip **** and lied. There is no "milky" substance anywhere though. It also sat for however long with no air cleaner assy. Drained all the oil I could out, Dumped 4 quarts of fresh diesel w/ heet into the crank, 4 quarts of rotella, and 1 quart of MMO. Trans fluid in each cylinder and set for a week. Couldn't get a breaker bar to spin over by hand so...Took a pipe wrench, wrapped in a rag and spun it over with that. It was a PITA to do but she eventually turned. Left all the GPs out, Took a everstart battery and hit the key and waited for either the click or the boom.....Neither. Damn near spun out of the engine bay! "Rebuilt" the GP harness, cleaned all the GPs, Replaced the GP relay, and a bunch of electrical work.... Need fuel line from engine mounted filter to IP, All new battery cables, etc... I'm also told the C6 has no reverse but upon inspection, vacuum line from IP to trans was broke off. Yeah, I've had fun....Also have a 1989 F150 with a 200K mile original 4.9/C6 that's been garaged for the last 4 years and hasn't ran in the last 3. Been working on diesels off and on for years. Deal mostly with gassers. Any questions? Just ask.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that vacuum line on the IP must be a custom job!
welcome to the forum.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
invalid attachment...

how does the IP create vacuum?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use "go advanced" when trying to post pictures.

the only way a diesel engine creates vacuum, is with a vacuum pump.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

One line runs to trans, The other to a vacuum line splitter which feeds: PB, HVAC, Cruise control. Somewhere in the mix the low vac switch is plumbed into it aswell. The stub you see is just that. It does nothing but "hold" the lines on but not really. The actual "connection" is broken off clean with the broken piece still inside.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Spurger Tx Here
fixing to drive through Baytown in the next day or so.
If ya need any help let me know.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Lol, This truck needs LOTS of help. Biggest challenge currently is batteries and cables. Once I find out IF it runs, Then comes fuel system. When I bought this truck, It had one foot in the boneyard already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7