another new guy

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, looks like im another new guy to register on this site. seems to be a couple of us within the last month. i hope this means the rest of america is finally seeing the benifits of diesel.;Sweet well i quess an introduction of my ride is in order. its a 97' suburban heavy chassis 2500 its got a 4" straight pipe 3" down pipe 2.25" crossover. a #9 resistor on a relocated pmd/fsd (wish i had a picture for this mod-im pretty proud-stays cool on the hottest days and looks stock and its still in the engine bay without a aftermarket harness extension)and marine injectors. the biggest gain i got in performance though was when i started running 25% wmo. curently working on a wmo/wvo blend that starts well. single tank with a heated prefilter the stock tank is heated but not very efficiently. give me 6 months and ill never give those arabs another penny:backoff then im selling the wifes car and gonna buy her a diesel and do the samething. probably a cummins though:love:
thanks for having me-but i must admit right off the bat that i can be alittle sketchy on replies-juggling my truck and my 2 yr old son is a big load. so i dont get to spend as much time on the computer like i would like to.

Last edited:

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone else running fuel blends in thier 6.5? im gonna post a thread in the fuels forum about blending-you veteran 6.5 guys should stop by.
:shoot: OPEC

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey!
welcome to our quiet little corner in the basement!;Sweet
we may be a small group but we're very easygoing.
please do post your blending experience. I've been running blends in my IH but not in the chebby yet. Mainly due to the fact I am in the process of putting the truck together. I'm not about to use work trucks as lab rats, since the downtime will be very costly.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site crankn, I think you'll find our fuels form fairly active and informative.

Glad to have you onboard with us.

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on dec 25th im hoppin in my truck and towing my boat to arizona-there ill pick up my brother and we are gonna make a 1 wk long fishin trip out of the rest of the trip. i cant wait to get away from all these damn hippies lol then april 9th i start school at MMI for marine mechanics. i thought about the diesel tech program but i like two strokes more than diesels-and thats sayin somthin

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Love the NOS sig, have inhaled quite a bit of the stuff in the past through my chevy's!

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohh yeah--i got 3 55g drums full of my wvo/wmo cocktail waiting for the trip.
2 drums are getting put in the back of the burban and the other drum is getting put into my boats fuel tank(i have a way to drain it from those tanks to my truck). add that with the 40 gallons of cocktail that ill have in my fuel tank when i leave here-ill almost be making this trip for free. except for gas in the boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online