Another Happy Baby Moose customer

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After storing them in my house forever, I finally punted and had my Baby Moose and rebuilt BBs installed by a shop. As for all that ridiculous hyperbole about it being night and day difference, biggest change ever, new truck, blah blah blah....

It's all true! Still waiting on mileage but the 1 tank I've burned entirely on the new pump showed 2mpg improvement, which is huge when you're getting 11-12 mpg. The truck has gone from being kind of a chore to drive, with any hill necessitating an annoying amount of throttle compensation, to cruising up mountain passes with the turbo singing in a whole new range.

Next up: more air to go with it, and another gear. Thanks again Mel for a great product!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.... Another satisfied customer. All I can say is a good customer buying a good product makes for happy returns....;Sweet:thumbsup::hail So how the hell does dieselcareless stay in business with their crappy customer service... Are there that many suckers buying their crap or what..... Ever since I read upon what they did to oldmrbill I will guide members away from them no matter how much they change.... As if they would change.....:rotflmao:dunno Well... I'll step down from my soap box some.... Crawl back into the basement and check out the MAC......:angel:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
So how the hell does dieselcareless stay in business with their crappy customer service... Are there that many suckers buying their crap or what.....

Yes, Gary I am a SUCKER that baught their crap:backoff. i purchased my rebuilt IP from their ebay store and it arrived with in a few days. i got all organized and after reading Mel's great article about how to service the fuel system on these IDI's i embarked on swaping IP's. the whole proccess went really smooth. once i got all the air blead out of the IP and lines and such, she fired right up, idled nice and smooth and has not missed a single beat in any outdoor temp for 4.5 months now. The truck has ran great. i have gotten good mpg as well. i can say that i was impressed with the overall professionalism of their ordering and shipping process. Once they got my core, there was not a single delay or problem in getting my core charge refunded. everything from them was easy to understand and very professional.

Now if i had it to do over again....knowing what i know now about the Moose IP's and Moose injectors i would get those two products. allthough i do not have the ability to wait for my IP to be sent out, rebuilt, and sent back to me.

You are a great guy Gary and you have helped me a ton since i joined this site but you just kind of struck a nerve with me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hello Eric. You are not being singled out. I do not nor did I know you bought stuff from this mentioned outfit. How would I.I was not calling you out as a sucker. So you have been treated well and your parts are working as they were intended to... Thats really great news. I'm happy to learn of this positive result of buying from an outfit such as I have mentioned. Like I stated in my posting.... They, being those guys answering the calls about problems with pumps bought from them telling the buyer ... Its your fault... You installed it wrong.... For mrbill... I know and trust him to be a very good mechanic with a better than fair oppinion of who he deals with... The pump he installed had a cut o-ring on the top cover.... It leaked diesel all over the place.He called the ebay seller and asked what he could do to fit it before he removed the top and voided the warranty... The pump was oked to have the top removed..... Inside was found rusty water that had been in there a long time... So now its been pumped into the injectors.... They still said it was bills fault. Your one of the lucky ones. Just read up on this outfit in the Hall of Shame. I'm able to take your feeling and not get angry that I hit a nerve with you. I was not trying nor would I try to do that to anyone on this site. Customer service is what keeps a business in business. It sure helps to have something worth selling too. I think all of us shop where we feel we get the most bang for our buck. The H.O.S. is there for members to report a business that has unfairly treated them. I'm am sorry I made you feel the way you do by the words I posted.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Thanks Gary.

I know you had no way of knowing that i used their product. I really just knid of need to vent. I understand that you and others on here don't bash a company without a legit reason to bash them. i have read about them in the hall of shame....unfortunatly after i got my IP from them, but like you said i must have been a lucky one. mabey their products are not all that bad, but it is their customer service that really ****** people off. i know i would be pissed if i put a new IP in and i leaked all over the place and then i call them and they say it was my fault. how could it be my fault when something internally is leaking and all i did was install the IP on my engine.

No hard feelings. just need to kind of vent.

Do you think i should put my expereience with them in the hall of shame even though i had a good one? i would put a disclaimer of use at your own risk though since their rep is not that great.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I'll add to tthat -anyone can make a mistake,sometimes help fails to do quality work. But the second pump smoked like the devel. The mileage dropped to below 10 empty on the highway. When he got there they basically said tough "it again was installed wrong. They timed it (by ear). When the truck got to MA a new pump was installed-ran like a top.

Mr Bill Williams is as crooked as they come. The injection shop was dirty (no one in thier right mind rebuilds pumps in a dirty shop). Woops I hit my own nerve. Gues ill go to school to learn how to install an injection pump -I must be real dumb after 20 years of workingonthese trucks -I never learned to properly bolt up 8 lines 3 bolts and do it properly.

Guess I got to take my BP meds SEE YA.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Looks like 13-14 mpg now with the new hardware. On to getting rid of the Banks box and installing the Gear Vendors, should see north of 15 when all done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5