another 7.3powerstroke joins the corral :)

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
purchased another 7.3 powerstroke vehicle:Q, have been watching for a while for a similar truck.
1997 F350 crewcab 4x4 automatic. 1500rpm at 55mph so I'm guessing 3.54s. dana60 front/10.25 rear. pretty harsh shifting but no slippage............
needs lots of body work but cab is solid and it runs decent.
bought it with only a start up and a forward reverse test of trans . was going to trailer it home but my trailer needs too much work to haul this long beast so I borrowed the dealer plate from work and drove it 2.5 hrs to work on Sunday. I figured it was probably in need of lots of mechanical work but it drove straight and had very few rattles in the chassis. wife followed me with my powerstroke clubwagon and 3 kids. they switched over to ride with dad within about 1/2 hr.

has just over 320,000km , but I've been told the front end was completely rebuilt in Nov, taken off the road in Feb.
keyless entry works, cruise works, AC no worky.

my plans are to shorten to shortbed and possibly use some 85 body parts and make it a unique truck. I was planning on having it on the road for winter but I might push it a little and have it on the road in the next month or two. ( it drove much better than I expected!)

when I can get into my pics on my PC I'll post some.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finding a 80-86 F150 will be your next purchase I suppose

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finding a 80-86 F150 will be your next purchase I suppose
in my "collection" I have 1 minty 84 diesel rad support and 1 solid 86 shortbox bed.
so I'm already part way. and now my 13yr old daughter is gung ho to get started on it. a buddy picked up a nice 94 F350 crew dually parts truck that was in a barn cheap and I now have a red interior for this truck................... new development on tues. he is a fellow crewcab lover but he likes his 7.3 idi turbos. he want grey interior so we can do some parts swappin;Really.

I actually bought this for the Mrs, as she wanted a crew but not a 2wd which I already had:Q. but I think the ride is too stiff for her, they don't make sports bras in her size:hail:D.
so she might drive it occasionally but its no good for her winter vehicle. that mean I can build it into whatever I want, within budget;Poke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86