amsoil oil analysis

sorsita

Reaction score
just got my report in FLUID ANALYSIS REPORT in says i have high amounts of zinc=1943,magnesium=81 theses are listed in additive metals. molybdenum= 26 is in multi source metals. iron is 246 and chromium is a 9 and these are listed in wear metals.. my viscosity is at 10.2.. about 15 tanks before my sample was taken i ran in my stock tank 4 tanks of a 50/50 mixture of wmo and diesel.. would this be the reason why im getting these high levels.. was told by amsoil these finds are from additives and treatments.. i did not use any additive in my oil but have used some in my fuel.. im using amsoil 5 w 30 in my 7.3 2003 ford. my mileage was at 116k and only 15k on this oil sample.. amsoil says to change oil at 25k .. im going to take another at 25k and send it in and see what they say..
any help on these numbers..

COMMENTS Data flagged for observation only; Cylinder region metals (pistons, rings, liners etc.) are at a MODERATE LEVEL; Bearing metal is at a MINOR LEVEL; Potassium is at a MINOR LEVEL; Potassium sources: coolant (antifreeze), lube additive or supplement, coating on new bearings, rust preventive coating, or environmental; Abrasives (silicon/dirt) are at a MINOR LEVEL; Flagged additive levels are higher than expected for the lubricant that is identified (This does not imply that the lubricant does not meet proper API, SAE or ISO classifications.);

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Is this your first time with Amsoil in it, or have you been running it for a while (prior to the 15k on this oil change)?

sorsita

Reaction score
this is my second time, fisrt oil change with amsoil was at 15k now i'm on my second round and at 21k ....

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
You will want a few samples to see where things are, I freaked out my first sample too.....:eek: any other filtering going on?

sorsita

Reaction score
i filter down to 1-5 micron after wmo sits outside in tank for several weeks in sun,then remove any water via tri **** on bottom side then. transfer that to another tank that is pressurized sending this to a large bypass filter to my 55 gallon drum. i then pump this via hand pump to my truck also have a filter on the hand pump also...today i just installed my heated tank so we will see what she will do...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he was talking about a bypass oil filter or some secondary engine oil filtration. ;)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I would say it's a combination of everything, but I can tell you synthetic will clean things out as well, so if there was some build-up in there, it will gradually clean it out and may be some of what you are seeing as well. The state patrol engines we worked on at the machine shop with tons of miles, but only synthetic oils were spotless inside! They were required to run synthetic, so they did. Wear was also VERY minimal, but they have overhaul specs as well (kind of like airplanes) so we got to go through their engines every once in a while.

sorsita

Reaction score
Thanks guys I will send another sample in at 25k then we should see if I have a trend going on. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online