Alright I'm back

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a horrible loss but i agree put a new body on it
but if it was me id have hit the car i know the old girl wont turn that quick lol
but good luck and were all here waiting for the next chapter

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a horrible loss but i agree put a new body on it
but if it was me id have hit the car i know the old girl wont turn that quick lol
but good luck and were all here waiting for the next chapter

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
dont know how i missed this thread! glad your ok! i agree put a new body on it! its sad too that was one of my favorite trucks on here!

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I am glad you weren't hurt too badly. Bummer about your truck but at least you are around to buy or build another one.

I have one question about the cab. Did the weight of the truck crush the cab or did the fire dept do that to get you out? That's kind of scary seeing it flattened like that. You are very fortunate you weren't more seriously hurt.

Last edited:

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of my trucks almost do that to me a couple of short months ago my roof was flat like that too. NO seatbelt but walked away without a scratch after rolling three times glad to hear your ok. Sorry to hear about your truck its a shame

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the most important thing is you are ok. you'll find another truck . Just glad to hear you're OK!

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I need the lower half of the intake box (assuming that you had a stock or ATS turbo kit, and if you did you were still have the box after your IC conversion), and the tube that went from the intake to the grill!
let me know man!

PZ

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the accident. Thats an amazing thing to walk away from for sure. Deffinetly had a copilot with you that night. Sorry to hear about the truck. I very much loved the work you had done to it, but like the others have said, sheetmetal is replaceable, a human life isn't.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Hey all, I know I haven't been back to reply to my clutch thread, but it turned out to be the clutch rod bushing. Thanks to all that helped out, I appreciated it. The repair won't be necessary now. The truck rolled on Tuesday night. I was on a highway that had been cleared following another car. The sedan ahead of me hit their brakes hard as we came on a snowy patch of road. My truck could not stop as fast as he could, so I downshifted and went around him, but had to take it to the median to avoid other cars. The truck hit the median and flipped on its top. Fire and EMS got the truck lifted so I could get out after being pinned for about 45 minutes. With only a concussion, some bruising and cuts I am still going to survival training this weekend for 4 weeks in Washington.
I have several things that I got back from the truck that I'm going to sell. They will be in the market place and will include a full intercooler setup, my Optima batteries, cold air intake, and other odds and ends. Don't feel bad about asking for particulars on the parts just because of the accident. I know how nice of guys ya'll are LOL.
I'm just glad to still be around, but I will sorely miss my IDI, and am very upset at the thought of all of the work and money I put into it. Most importantly the OB community who helped me with so many problems and questions on the truck. That is by far what I'll miss the most. So thanks again to everyone here, and I am not going anywhere. If you don't realize how great the people are on this forum, you have not been around long enough, or have not taken enough time to appreciate it.

I apologize for the picture quality. The lighting and space in that garage was terrible.

I just read your signature. Was teh truck covered or liability only? Even if it was covered, I would buy it back, strip it and sell most if not ALL of the aprts and then get your @$$ back in another IDI!!!

If I had the $$ I would buy that intercooler right now, not only because I need it but because it might help you get back into a set of wheels.....idi powered wheels that is :backoff

I am glad to hear you are ok, but as others pointed out....you pretty much walked away...even through the truck is wrote off, who cares! You are alive and ok!...and that is good to hear!

tractorman86

Reaction score
Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread but I am glad you walked from that. Did the person from the car that caused this stop? I destroyed a truck about three years ago and I shouldn't have lived through mine but have a new respect for life since then. My vote is for a new cab. But if you are dead set on parting it ill be interested in some parts

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
like others have said i am glad you made it out mostly ok, could have been far worse.

Good luck in training i know a few people that went through it, glad i didnt have to for my training.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I just found this! I'm so sorry to hear this man! That was a beautiful truck! I know how you feel to! It sucks ass, i cried like a little girl when i rolled mine! This is to bad! I'm glad to here your ok to!

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm still around and just finished SERE.

I didn't buy the truck back because of all the training and moving around the country that I'm doing for the next several months. If I was at home, I would have definitely kept it. It broke my heart to let it go, not knowing where all the parts are going.

Thanks for all the support, and I will let you know what I come up with. I hope to have another truck in the next one to two weeks.

Goofy: All of my valuable parts are sold including the intercooler. I wish you luck, and demand updates and pictures of your progress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance