All-Terrain BFG Tires

DieselChemist

Reaction score
Does anyone have these tires, how do you like them and how noisy are they.
Thanks
Bill

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have a set of there 285-75-16 E T/A's. I find them pretty decent. They arent noisy going down the road, at least not as load as my motor. The only bad thing about them is that there tread is just the right size for picking up gravel. And since I live on a 1/4 mile gravel driveway, the first 1/2 mile or so on the road is taken up by rocks being slung out of the tread and hitting my truck. Other than that they are pretty good tires.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
The good: Awesome tires, GREAT snow traction, decent off road traction, decent mud throwing. I have a set with about 60k on them w/ over 1/2 tread.
The Bad: They throw rocks like mad.

I love these tires but cannot afford them. Unfortunally

Chuckdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I hate them. :puke: I dont like to float in the rain and they hydroplane easy. In the mud well my buddy had to put his yota in 4H to get out of 1 inch of wet topsoil in a field cause they just got slick, so gay. I perfer the Goodyear wrangler ats cause they have good tread, they have channels for displacing water, grips well in the mud, not loud, dosent grab every rock and chip your new paint and as they wear it maintains good proformance.

I bought my truck with BFG s and They suck. I have a 97 dodge with the Good year wranglers and they have been on the beach in hatteras, being awsome in the rain, slingin mud like a swamper, all while having a smooth ride and no noticeable noise. I also heard the Nitto Tera grapplers are great and are about 130 or 140 each.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i have General Grabber AT2 tires on my SD (265-75-16 load range E) and like them a lot. they have a tread pattern not unlike the BFG AT and they wear well. i have 12000 miles on mine but my buddy has 40+k on his '95 1/2 ton GMC Z71 with these tires and they still show at least 1/2 tread.

not too noisy, good in snow, wet pavement, i have no hydroplaning issues no matter how hard i try:dunno

$520 for the set of 4 mounted and balanced at wallyworld.;Sweet i had them ordered in.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've worn out 4 sets of BFG AT KO's. They are a superb tire in snow, mud, rain and general off road. I never had excessive road noise with them either. The only drawback I had with them was the price. I went with Yokohamas after I wore out my last set of BFG's. I still think the BFG is a better tire than the Yoko after having put about 10K on the Yoko's. But the Yoko's are quite a bit less money.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting loyalty amongst different tire users. I have had two sets of BFG A/Ts with over 50K on them and they still looked pretty beefy. I've never used a better gripping tire in snow or mud, I pulled some pretty big metal out of more than one of them without getting a flat (or even slow leak) and I was always pretty surprised how quiet they were despite the agressive tread. My only complaint about them was similar to Mike's: they are pricey. But I have to say outside of the price, I have always been dissapointed with every other tire I ended up buying on price.

Just my .02 worth.

R. J.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i run 315x75x16 and the only thing these tires are good for is a street queen with a light foot or sand, and they are quiet. i tore a set apart after about 9k (granted they where already about 60%). completely dissatisfied:puke: :puke: fling too many rocks, hydroplanes way too easy and packs up with mud. i had a set of procomp mud terrains that i loved and they lasted about 40k but they where a bit loud. my brother has a set of procomp A/T's and loves them low noise whear great(10k with minimal whear ) and god all around traction, and best of all they are very affordable

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My winters are a set of 235/85R16 General AT2's, general consensus among the locals that run them is that they are a better snow tire than a BF, and personally, I prefer them to a BFG.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Ditto on the throwing rocks, hydroplaning.....personally I don't feel they justify their price.

I'm on my second set of Nitto Terra Grappler all terrains and LOVE them :hail

Awesome footprint and better contact patch that the BFG's.

Just a touch over $700 on the rim and out the door!
Load range E =10 ply tire too ;Sweet

Last edited:

DieselChemist

Reaction score
Alright, since there is mixed reviews let me tell you what's going on. I can get the BFG 235/85/16 E tires for 130 a piece x 4 plus tax out the door from costco. I can get the goodyear wranglers at Sam's club for $7 less than that. The big benefit to the costco tires is the fact that I have a card membership and they rotate and balance for free. The stickler with Sam's club is that my parents have the membership and since they are in a different state I cannot get them rotated and balanced for free. Costco only sell's Michelein and BFG. Any Advice.
Thanks