aint this a b--ch.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine are on a manual override & after over a year all are still fine & when its cold out get upto 15 sec's of button time.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know why it fried the plugs, the light never comes on while your driving it. it only comes on when you manualy push the button. as for as a bad batch of plugs i could see 1 or 2 but all 8. i have a solid state controller now so im going to swap it all over and get away from them 6volt plugs. has anyone ever used champion glow plugs? i know i wont touch another set of autolite plugs, bearly got them out the engine.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few months back I installed a set of Beru's in place of the few year old dual coil plugs that I had in there. I suspect I had burned out the faster heating coil in them. Any way the truck was started using the Beru plugs 3 times. 4th time the truck didn't start. All 8 were burned out. I reinstalled all the old dualcoil plugs ( after dealing with a lost Beru tip in a cylinder-cuss ) and have been running them eversince. It takes a little longer to start but at least it starts.

Also of all the different glow plugs that have been in my trucks over the years that Beru is the only tip I've ever lost.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones i had in mine were the beru plugs but when i do the swap over to the new set up i think im going to go with the duel coil plugs from wellman.