Aftermarket headlights for 87-91 model trucks?!?!

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone that carries a nice looking set if headlights for the 87-91 pickups? All other models have tons of variations....halo, projection, grey, black, etc... All I can find for these are basically just replacement normal looking headlights. Anyone have anything really sweet?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
non that ive found i did find clear side markers and tail lights from lmc truck an thats about it

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That just looks like a plastic cover over the old style sealed bulbs?!?? Hmm...now that has me thinking. With fiberglass and aftermarket bulbs the possibilities are endless lol.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the Australian headlights. How can you find a set of those? I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything. Ebay?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That just looks like a plastic cover over the old style sealed bulbs?!?? Hmm...now that has me thinking. With fiberglass and aftermarket bulbs the possibilities are endless lol.
There isn't even a plastic cover over the sealed-beam bulbs...there's just a plastic bezel.

I like the look of the Australian headlights. How can you find a set of those? I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything. Ebay?
I spent a couple of months actively searching for them about two years ago. Apparently, the headlight setup was an Aussie-only thing and, nowadays, the setup's difficult to find even in Australia. I contacted a wrecking yard in Oz and the guy told me that they're next to impossible to find anymore and command something like $500 per side when they can be found. Add shipping and everything else and it's really not practical. A shame because I like the setup also, and this allows you to run E-code lights :angel:

AFAIK there is no "aftermarket" style light replacement for the '87-'91 trucks...the only assemblies you can buy are OEM, and even those only became available recently. This was a part of why I'm planning to put an OBS front clip on my truck (the other main reason being that there's more space for the intercooler).

I have a couple of pics of the Aussie setup, but I get an error message every time I try to upload them -cuss

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked online for some Aussie wrecking yards, but didn't try calling. Ouch $500 a side is a bit much for me. I guess I will be looking at LMC for replacements.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Wow thats way cooler than the factory brick nose headlights! The other counties always get the cooler trucks. And i'd personally stay away from lmc,, everything I've gotten from them has been low quality chinese garbage.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone can get one side of those lights I can mold emm out of fiber glass probley take 20 hours a side but I do like the style

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I got new lights a couple years ago from carparts.com for like $60 per side and that was with the chrome strip (mine had it) and the ones without were less, they look as good as factory and still are pretty clear. Those and a set of blue ice bulbs with 100 watt high beams and they work quite well. I've had several people inquire as to why they are so bright.

on edit: just to be clear, these are NOT aussie style, but the standard brick nose, which I actually like.