Additional Fuel Filter

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would these things help my oil from being black and stinky at only 3-5 k ?

Max Power

Reaction score
Originally posted by BRONCO

Depends on if you use new toilet paper or used. :D

Whit

Reaction score
Hell 3 - 5 k aint bad, with all the fuel I am adding I can blacken the oil at 1k I want it outa there.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by BRONCO
It will help keep your oil clean for many more miles than that. Some use synthetic oil with a bypass setup and only change their oil when the lab results indicate to do so. That means extended drain intervals of up to 10K and more. However if you have traces of oil in your fuel...it won't help.
Stinky? ALWAYS! :D

Whit

Reaction score
I run Cummins premium blue synthetic and have never had a problem with fuel in the oil, by the way the 2 micron filter is a $20 buck spin on from Amsoil and it does do a good job on everything but the soot

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
I run Cummins premium blue synthetic and have never had a problem with fuel in the oil, by the way the 2 micron filter is a $20 buck spin on from Amsoil and it does do a good job on everything but the soot
As I'm only familair with the Powerstrokes, oil in fuel can mean an o-ring problem. Personally, I avoid Amsoil products. IMO they are over priced. My Oil Guard replacement filters are $13.00 each and rated at 1 micron filtration.

Last edited:

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by hheynow
As I'm only familair with the Powerstrokes, oil in fuel can mean an o-ring problem. Personally, I avoid Amsoil products. IMO they are over priced. My Oil Guard replacement filters are $13.00 each and rated at 1 micron filtration.

Hell, I outa see if an Oilgaurd will spin onto my housing........thats a great price! Where do ya get them?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I would really like to add a soot filter between them but am seeking advice from someone that has been there and done that, can you add to that ?
Whitmore, As far as soot...nope. Personally, I think filtering below 1 micron is overkill as evidenced by my periodic Blackstone Labs reports. Besides being a thorn in your side, what adverse effects does soot have? Is the cost of a soot filter really worth its benefit?
I'm as **** with my truck as you seem to be with yours :Thumbs Up. If I truly believed that adding it would benefit my truck...I would have done so by now. Geez, I have an oil bypass filter, a coolant bypass filter & a magnetic inline tranny filter right now and have to keep records of each's last change...so I can sleep at night :confused:.

P.S. But your spark plugs are FATTER! ;)

P.P.S.You can get them Here, but the housing is not cheap and no, it won't fit onto your setup.

Last edited:

Whit

Reaction score
Right on bro, I hear ya on being **** with maintenance LOL

So what effects do soot have in the oil anyhow, I dont know. I have never analized my oil, tried to with Blackstone and they lost the results so I went with a different company and the same **** :mad: , so now I have 6 kits paid for in the garage and have never used them, Guess I should

Cheers, Kevin

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
i see GM has now approved the racor pre oem for 'severe service' applications... see your dealer, they all got the info

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
Larry, :confused: whats his posting name?
Profile For lschultz Search for all posts by this user.

Date Registered: 12-21-2003
Total Posts: 302 (3.03 posts per day)
Last Post: 03-29-2004 07:05 PM
Insanity TEST
Contact lschultz: Click here to email lschultz
Send lschultz a Private Message!
Homepage:
ICQ Number:
AOL Instant Messenger Handle:
Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle:
Birthday May 20, 1948
Custom Title