Adding some paint and more LED's.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I got bored this week and decided to paint the recessed area of my grill. I used bahama blue since I cant find bimini blue. It's a touch darker and came out pretty good.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also have a lund cab visor I got awhile ago. I wanted a lighted one but got a deal on this one, so I am adding my own lights, each containing 3 LED's for a total of 18 LED's. I figured it would look better to recess them instead of just screwing them to the out side. I have all the holes cut and it's primered. I am going to get some paint mixed for it tomorrow to match the truck though, the contrast between the bahama and bimini blue will be much greater if they are next to each other. Hopefully I can get it sprayed this weekend.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
hey man looks awesome, its good to be different, im lovin those damn stacks , every time i see your truck i get that sweet pic in my head of my truck with stacks barreling black smoke out, keep it up man

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
liking it....why did you go with 6 markers on the visor instead of the traditional 5?

Since it's angled in the middle, I wasn't sure one light would sit properly in that spot so I spaced it for 6 lights.

I have it primered, and got my paint, but my buddy is unable to spray it this weekend. I guess he got a job and neglected to tell me. Hopefully next weekend though. Here's a pic in primer with the lights mounted.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it...has kind of an old school look to it, I will be interested to see how it looks on the 93 when its all done (to me the 93 is more modern with its aerodynamic headlights and all)

I actually passed on a visor at the bone yard cuz it was lit, and thought it would look too modern on my 86...i think if i find one without lights the way you are doing it is the ticket

Uncle Mater

Reaction score
It will look pretty good when painted. I have always liked the visors. If you went any smaller on led tractor trailer lights, it would not go as well with the style that you have going on for the truck.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I finally got it sprayed, the clearcoat is still drying in the pic so it looks a little blotchy. I'll get the lights mounted and run the wiring, hopefully get it on the truck next weekend.

EricW

my $h!t is stuff
Reaction score
Your pic turned out WAY better than mine...

How's it look this morning? Did the zebra stripes fade away at all?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I'd say 99% of them did. I held it next to the truck today, you can tell the sun has lightened my paint a bit, but it will still look a lot better than the bahama blue.

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I really love that truck, color combo is close to mine.

Did you get factory aluminum wheels by any chance?

EricW

my $h!t is stuff
Reaction score
I'd say 99% of them did. I held it next to the truck today, you can tell the sun has lightened my paint a bit, but it will still look a lot better than the bahama blue.

One advantage you'll have is the metallic and the fact that it's not really a flat panel which means when the light hits it, the reflection will give the allusion of it being the exact same age as the paint on the truck.

Are you going to repaint your grill now that you have the right paint?

I asked him, he'll probably pull it off get it masked, primed, and ready to shoot and I'll get the phone call to come over and paint it.... I'll have to charge him though...

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Sweet! I really love that truck, color combo is close to mine.

Did you get factory aluminum wheels by any chance?

I got alcoas which look like the factory wheels, I just had to use aftermarket center caps.

Are you going to repaint your grill now that you have the right paint?

I'd probably have to get more paint and the grill is a pain to mask off. I may get it done later, but not real soon.

Just so eric doesn't think I'm taking credit for his work, he layed down the paint for me. I helped with the clearcoat though. ;p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online