Adding new dual filter assembly can I remove the stock filter assembly

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 f250 7.3idi with a hypermax turbo. I am going to run wvo soon in my front tank and regular#2 diesel in my rear tank. I bought a 12v 370watt tank heater pad to heat the front tank, 8 injection line heaters for use after the injector pump and a dual filter heater assembly that has an electric heater with thermostat that turns off once the antifreeze is hot enough to heat the wvo. Anyway since the new filter assembly will have two filters I don't see a need to keep the factory filter as it will only increase the pressure on the lift pump and be a place for the wvo to cool off. I plan to purge the lines with the rear tank before shut off for about 2 minutes because that's all its supposed to take on an idi. So can I remove the factory filter assembly without a problem? I know there is a filter pressure switch on top and a water pressure switch on the bottom and a built in heater. Can I just cap those wires?

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know when the fuel heater is on in the stock filter housing? Never mind removing the stock filter as I just realized that the filter housing has a hose to bleed any air off and I want to keep that function so I guess I will need to get an electric fuel pump to function as my lift pump so that it is strong enough to push through the two new filters being installed plus the stock filter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online