Added two more doors.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
switching to serp is a pretty awesome upgrade.
earlier this week, i installed a tensioner with a shock.
worked awesome.
i also replaced my beat up vacuum pump, and swaped over to a hydroboost PSP and resivor,
my old one was shot.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm already serp. Im just transferring my stuff when I swing the 6.9 in. Extras free to a good local home.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just about ready for a steam clean at work, re-seal/head studs unless something not good is found, paint and swing into the crew.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it worked great.

On another note: any one local that needs a v-groove new alt/brackets/vac pulley and brackets you can have them if you pick them up or if your not far from me I can swing them by if not busy. AC pump is going back to Bookite03.

Damn wish I would have seen this,, my pulleys on the dually just eat belts. Some jerk I bought them from sent a nice shiny pic and then sent me rusted crap. It was a member on here who is now long gone.
Shoulda known coming from the rust belt.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah they might as well be in the rust belt, it rains UP out there.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing good to say about one of the two sources up there. Unless they're free Russ then it's just your time to get them.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did some trading with jred for a parts truck, its at my friend s house at the east base of the coast range, wet all the time. , I do need to part it out. In my free time.lol

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What free time. :D
Think our sources are different up there.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but our definition of free time is definitely the same! I hope to see that sweet truck in person someday Leeland.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after the 6.9 is all checked out and re-sealed it'd make life easier with some extra hands swinging it in. ;Poke
Our paths might cross one of these days, not like your that far out.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! Point taken! I'm on here at least once a day usually, so if you give me a day or two notice I could buzz down.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol ok will do

After the steam clean. Stayed out of the valley as much as possible. Pulled the fuel system off, giving the pump and lines to a guy at work needing them. Injectors capped off and boxed. Found clear silicone sealant at the pan and upper gear housing. Kinda wondering if it's been open before.

Not gonna mess with trying to fix the head.

Just replacing the heads on the 6.9 with a set Bookite03 gave me.

The extra heads came loaded, worst injector out of one. Sad part is they looked newer before the po dismantled the truck then sold it.
Inside that injector looks good, no sign of rust or junk. Might clean up the body and re-assemble and see if they run at some point. Other wise got some spare shims and parts.

Last edited:

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Good to see the 6.9 getting some love. I'll be there to help when the hard labor comes up. My week days and weekends will start to free up in June if you can stand to wait that long. Good seeing you today, next we will go for a cruise in the Fummins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08