AC Delco plugs?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Beru plugs are no longer available locally (not even at the Ferd dealer). i found some AC delcos and some Autolites. i know the Autolites are a no-no but how about the AC's? are they known swellers?

otherwise i will have to special order the much more expensive Bosch plugs.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen AC's break off but I think it was due to over advanced timing. It was not in my truck so I don't know what all was done to the poor thing. I say that because the controller and latching relay seemed too still be working properly and the plugs that weren't broken still worked just fine. Personally I'd order some wellmans delphis or SLM online or else use the 12V AC delcos.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 87 6.9 sitting w/ all 8 GPs swelled up. I think 7 are AC's. 3 are maybe bosch?? I think all will swell if they are under the right conditions. I have no idea what they did to that engine, but they managed to burn up at least 2 sets of GP's, the starter and batteries!

sootman73

Reaction score
I would def look on ebay. i found 8 motorcraft on there. paid 50 even for the set. i got lucky cuz the guy sellin them was really close to my place so i didn't even pay for shipping. guy was really cool about it too. they weren't the only ones on there either. they are out there still just takes some lookin.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree they'll all swell up under the right conditions, such as timing too far advanced or with a relay stuck "On". The autolite and champions are the worst though. Those who have experimented find that they burn out the quickest when exposed to constant voltage. Johnson controls does a lot of things well but IDI glows is not one of them.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Rob, no experience with Bosch GP's. But, they make a heck of a washer/dryer.LOL I have never heard anyone say bad things about their GP's like they have with Autolites/Champions. Wish I knew for sure, but, I think you'd be fine with the Bosch GP's.

Heath

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
every Bosch power tool i have is a premium quality tool. i'm thinking Bosch will do. i'm selling the truck anyways but i don't want to stick the new owner with a problem.