abs light and brake light

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Intermittenly my brake and abs light comes on for no apparent reason that I could see until today. While I was pulling into the garage both came on again but this time I got a super hard pedal this tells me that I lost vacuum assist. What kind of vacuum should I be pulling? my thoughts are around 17 inches does that sound right?

Also if I'm not mistaken these vacuum pumps can be pulled and rebuilt correct? If so anybody have a how to guide or pointers?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well I'll answer my own post - for reference...

I got to poking around on google and found a place that offers rebuild kits for vacuum pumps and exchanges.

Fixinrams

Went to ebay like it said on the web page and the kits are available for $59.99 + shipping. Which he is only about an hour from me so I will more than likely just drive over there to pick it up and poke him for addtl' information if I can. Comes with a DVD on how to do the work but judging from some pictures that I found on the net it's a std vane pump so it should be really really close to our vacuum pumps at work which I rebuild.

I have an oil leak on the floor around the vicinity of the vacuum pump that has just started in the last couple weeks so I know the pump has to come off unless it's something else that is leaking but I have a strong feeling that it's the vacuum pump because normally you only have one thing wrong not a bunch of problems that start all at once...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker