? about the OEM glow plug solenoidq

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got done with the diesel conversion in my bronco, I have a quick ? for the pros here. When i turn the key to activate the glow plug solenoid, it clicks, the wait to start light lights up then after about 5 sec the light turns off and there is constant on and off clicking of the glow plug solenoid. I have not yet started the engine, because i wasnt sure if i would hear the clicking once the engine is on. Is the constant clikcking normal after the light turns off, or will the constant clicking turn off once the engine has started? Thanks in advance for everyones input.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything normal there. The controller will light the plugs for a few seconds then cycle the plugs to keep them from burning themselves out

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
the clicking is normal that's the afterglow, it will run the afterglow cycle wither the engine is running or not.

However, if your WTS light is only coming on for five seconds or less on a cold start. That could mean your have at least one bad glowplug.

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
close to 90, 82, sure feels like 90 in the sun, im ready for a jacket, but in the 33 yrs I have been here there is no winter here just F***** HOT and Fall. At what point does the solenoid stop cliking on and off? does it stop when the operatining temp gets to normal?

Thanks

Last edited:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will eventually stop clicking after the plugs have cycled and your engine has warmed up a little. Maybe 5-10 seconds after initial glow....maybe more if it is really cold outside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.