? about 84 body/drivetrain combos

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to look at a beast. I was told it's an 84 f350?. IT is a gasser (460). The body is a CC DR 4x4. My question is, it did not look to be a d60 out front, was there ever a time when f350 came with the twin ibeam?. I didn't get the vin (stupid) or bring a flashlight. It was getting dark fast. The truck was loaded with crap,inside and out, and had the graphics down the side. You know that 80 style.Truck is southern, what would be a red flag when I go to look in better detail, underneath, inside,etc... I am right on the verge of selling the 94 to fund an IDI swap into this if I do get it.Sorry no pics.Body is straight and clean (tailgate too) front clip has been replaced and is sitting in black primer, for some time now.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
80-85, the F350's had the D50ttb, 85.5 is the magic number for a D60.

DANG IT! I guess the guy was right then, it is an F350, I just didn't know without the d60. Well I really like the truck, what should I look for that would say no no, don't do it? Supposedly it is driveable

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Rotted rad suport, spring hangers, diff cover, rockers, floors, door bottoms, You know, the usual spots. Mechanicaly. Who cares, you are pulling it out. I wouldn't pay more than 2k for it.

My neighbor has a 86 F350 crew cab w a 351 and c6 that is rotted to hell and he wants 35oo for it, He thinks its worth so much cuz it has 4 new BFG all terrains from 6 years ago, the dry rot craks are as deep as the brand new tread

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I'm almost gonna tell him to keep the motor and I'll help him pull all the crap outta it, bunch'o'motors deluxe in the bed, you know

1994IDI

Reaction score
I don't have any advice for ya, but good luck and get some pictures for us.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that exact truck. GVWR listed on the door is 9300 pounds. That is with a Dana 60 rear. I believe in 84 it could also have a Streling 10.25".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online