a few minor things?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright i have ignored it long enough heres some problems that need attention... the tach. jumps when right turn signal is on and also sometimes wont work at all is this just the gauge gone bad? 2. transfer case makes a really loud grinding noise in 2 wheel drive dosent grind in 4 wheel and is full with fluid? 3. just installed a new stereo (didnt have one before) and after you turn the key off it loses all power so it wont keep the settings is this a common problem or something seriouse? 4. how does the strip of dash pad that is above the glove box come off has a few cracks and thought i would replace it? any info. would be greatly appreciated

p.s. i have installed many cd players so i know how to wire them just need to know how the wires are routed from the cd player to fuse box so i can track the problem.. i looked under dash and couldnt see the wires

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
don't know if you are still having problems or not but i was searching the forums and found you if this is a mid 80's truck then I have seen them with no 12+ constant wire ran to it and i just had to run my own, make sure you use a fuse. If it is the 94 then some of them actually have an equalizer on them I don't know if that would help you the power wires do run through there and also the fuse box reads "radio" for one of the fuses on my 91, if none of these lead to a solution then i wouldn't go chasing a needle in a haystack, just run your own 12+ constant, this is all assuming that there is no problem with the radio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online