A big thanks to idi traveler

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to say a big thanks to Rick (idi traveler) for coming and helping me out today. We got the new lift pump on, the old one we found out was still working but the new one did seem a bit stronger. We then found that my pickup tube was clogged was the reason that it was starved for fuel and died. We also adjusted the the timing on the IP and it cleared up almost all white smoke. We went and test drove and the pick up clogged again and died.
Long story short the pick ups have fallen apart in the tank which I found out from Rick is common so now i need to install some new pick ups and clean the tanks and i should be good to go! I say we throughout all this but he did most of the work I was just there for handing him tools, cranking the truck and good conversation. LOL

Once again thanks Rick!

-Jordan-

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, your going to make me blush. But you guys missed a good time out in the prairie land of North Texas. Nice weather and good company!

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little run down on the events of the day. First off I forgot my 25" break over and found out that after a 400,000 mile motor has been spun over a few times I could not pull the engine through a compression stroke with my short bar. but Jorden tap the key around until the pump fit with out any trouble. Then we tryed to start the engine, no go. went to pull the filter off and it had so much vacuum on it I had a hard time screwing it off, then swoosh, it broke vacuum. Because of my problems with the factory pick up tubes, I blew air back through the tank before we cranking the engine again. It pressured up on the fuel line before it finally blew clear. The sweet sound of success, then I got to see the smoke. What the hell I thought and I think I told Jordan. Sense were going to change the ip, let's try advancing the timing first. The static marks were off to the drivers side a dimes width so I lined the up. Now it only smoked at an idle, the only thing left to do was take it a dimes width to the pass side, WOW! Just a haze of smoke, let's take it for a test drive! About a 1/2 mile from the house on the way back, it died. This stunningly attractive little blonde that Jordan knows came to our rescue. We blew the tank pick up clear again and drove it home. At which time I had to leave to feed my calves. The plan now is to drop the tanks and clean them. But I think if he could get that blonde to help we could get no fewer than 20 guys to show up.