95 PSD cranks, no start, no smoke

jdawg9742

Reaction score
well il see if my dad can come over he has one that he bought for his dodge 3500. Hopefully this will all be over soon. Il post a video of it on youtube after i get to run so you can see what it does

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Alright no need for a gauge with my new findings. My truck didnt wanna fire up at all a few minutes ago and my neighbor offered to push start it with his bobcat. I said yea good idea, so we got it fired up after a few tries and when i got it to start i had no response at all from the throttle. I tried pumping it time and time again and finally it caught and roared to life. Soon as i got it back to my driveway 15 seconds later it stalled out. I popped the hood and find a damn near empty fuel bowl. Ive seen it before after it runs and i know its supposed to be 2/3 full with diesel. Why on earth would it be damn near empty? Is it the fuel pump, or the lift pump? It has to be one of the two and i know enough aboout the truck to know that it has mechanical fuel pump. Just wish my nightmare was over

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The only fuel pump you have is on top of the engine behind the filter.
But you should do like I said in post #3.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Oh my dad thought it had two lol oh well. And i will be doing like you said and seeing if there is any thing clogging the lines going to the valve. Thanks for your help youve made me realize that it is a fuel problem not a sensor problem :) Hopefully il have it running today

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Believe me, you don't want to swap the pump if you don't need to. I learned that the hard way. Lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
In between the front of the front tank and the frame is the fuel selector valve.
Four lines coming in, two go out to the engine.
I would take them all loose, blow into the ones going to the tank.
Also cycle the selector valve and blow through it.
Use low pressure if you can.
Don't blow into the lines going to the engine. It'll make a huge mess. Just ask how I know. Lol
And be prepared for some fuel to come out when you take the lines loose.

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the help, it wasnt the lines though and the fuel bowl still ain gettin fuel. I guess its the fuel pump. I will replace it on friday and get it fired after my batteries charge at autozone. Ran those dead after cranking it too much and it not running long enough to charge em up

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If you can, do a e-fuel swap.
But may take more time and money than you have right now.
Get the fuel hoses from ford.
Need part numbers?

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Well i got it running just now again after i got my batteries back from autozone. I than had it going for 2 minutes until it just died with no warning again, no stuttering or shaking. Open the filter and find less than 1/3 of diesel in there. I think theres supposed to be more but bow im not so sure. How much is supposed to be in the fuel bowl after it runs?

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Well than im sure its my fuel pump than. It cant even stay running for 2 minutes even more lol. Thanks for helping me though and after i get the pump il be sure to give an update :)

jdawg9742

Reaction score
Finally got it running again. It was the fuel pump and i didnt even have to remove the turbo :). Problems fixed and it runs great now with no problems. 230,000 miles probably go for at least another 230,000

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online