94 PSD

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
one thing you will learn quickly (hopefully) is PSDs cost money and there are no short cuts, also you can waste alot of money on wrong parts

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Thanks for the link CALVIN. I just bought em for the price of ONE valve cover gasket;Sweet

Well its fixed, put in a 205 degree thermostat from napa cost me 9 dollars, and it has heat now and it runs like its supose to when it gets up to tempurature, problem solved;Really

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Runs great now, has a slight stumble at 2500 but it dont hesitate much, im sure its just injector o-rings needing replced

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well its fixed, put in a 205 degree thermostat from napa cost me 9 dollars, and it has heat now and it runs like its supose to when it gets up to tempurature, problem solved;Really

A thermostat will not make a truck miss. There is something else wrong

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
How bad does the truck shake at an idle?

It never missed at idle it would miss at 2500 rpm and not have any power, it was because the thermostat was stuck open and the engine wouldnt get up to temp so the warm up valve on the turbo was not opening

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
It never missed at idle it would miss at 2500 rpm and not have any power, it was because the thermostat was stuck open and the engine wouldnt get up to temp so the warm up valve on the turbo was not opening

The EBPV will open even if the engine is stone cold. Once enough boost is read by the MAP it will open.

I was wondering if your "miss" was the DMF doing what it does best, falling apart

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The EBPV will open even if the engine is stone cold. Once enough boost is read by the MAP it will open.

I was wondering if your "miss" was the DMF doing what it does best, falling apart

I dont know if its the DMF, but i can tell you my EBPV does not open when its stone cold its open when i first crank the engine then you can here it shut, while driving it will open some while accelerating, then you can here it shut when you let off of the pedal, but once the engine gets up to tempurature it opens completely and i have full power and it runs like a bat out of hell:sly

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I dont know if its the DMF, but i can tell you my EBPV does not open when its stone cold its open when i first crank the engine then you can here it shut, while driving it will open some while accelerating, then you can here it shut when you let off of the pedal, but once the engine gets up to tempurature it opens completely and i have full power and it runs like a bat out of hell:sly

At an idle the ebpv will stay shut untill the engine warms um. But off idle all you need to do is build some boost and it will open

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
At an idle the ebpv will stay shut untill the engine warms um. But off idle all you need to do is build some boost and it will open

Like i said while driving and giving throttle it opens partially and has more power let off and it closes, once its all the way up to temp it dont do it, im thinkin of deleting the thing anyway

Black dawg

Reaction score
Like i said while driving and giving throttle it opens partially and has more power let off and it closes, once its all the way up to temp it dont do it, im thinkin of deleting the thing anyway

dont delete it, make it so you control it.
also I havent seen 2 obs trucks that the ebpv functioned the same in.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
dont delete it, make it so you control it.
also I havent seen 2 obs trucks that the ebpv functioned the same in.

Deleting give more exhuast flow dont it? how do i make it were i control it? im interested in this as i get a noticable holding back could use this ti slow the truck down with a major load

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
deleting the ebpv will drop your egts by 50*.it can also be turned into an exhaust brake.check out the sticky at the top of the forum.

drain some fuel out of the filterhousing or pull the fuel filter out and see what color the fuel is.if its black/oily its a good indicator that you need injector orings.