94 PSD

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If nothing has ever been done in those miles be prepared to spend some money on it.(UVCH, VCG, possibly injectors)

Ok so the UVCH is that harness thing? and the VCG now whats that?

For now im gonna start with thermostat cause it needs it, then i will slowly work my way up, i have a feeling this is gonna be expensive:puke::D

zpd307

Reaction score
the valve cover gasket has the uvch going through it.... they are one in the same. the best thing you can do is take it to someone who has a autoenginuity scanner, these can read all sorts of things, like hpop pressure and duty cycles and perform injector tests.

Black dawg

Reaction score
vcg valve cover gasket. A neglected one can be expensive up front, but one you get it straightened out, they a pretty trouble free.

Black dawg

Reaction score
one word of cation though, if you get it running right and programmed up you may never look back.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take a look at the "sticky" on top of this forum.itll answer a bunch of questions you may have.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And typically the computers in the 94 craps out that a scanner cant access it. You need to swap in another (newer) computer to read it

its not that the ecms die.some of the early 94s dont have the obdII programing.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O, ok. I was told on my brothers 94 the scanner couldnt read it. But now that you mention the OBDII port, that makes more sense

There is a slight differences in the 94 and 94.5 just like the 99 and 99.5, you just have to kinda know what your looking for.

dyoung:
If you or someone has an AutoEnginuity, you can preform a buzz test on the injectors. A continuity test will usually bring up a bad #8 cyl. injector. If the buzz test is OK then #8 injector is usually OK.

Originally Posted by dyoung14
I have pulled one of the plugs while it was running before

If you like getting knocked on your ass, take a chance on it. It's like getting hit with a machine gun if it's running. You were lucky, just don't press your luck.
But I would like to know if you did check the UVCH like suggested. Kind of like a feedback to know if that is/was the problem. If not we can go on from there helping you diagnose the problem.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it to a shop or someone that has a high end scanner.the autozone cheapies willnot work on it.have a buzz test run and a cylinder contribution test run as well.the only thing the buzz will tell you is if the wiring and solenoids are good or not.the contribution test will tell you what cylinder/s are skipping.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
vcg valve cover gasket. A neglected one can be expensive up front, but one you get it straightened out, they a pretty trouble free.

So far this one, is being reliable even with the miss, i have put 200 miles on it since i got it, fule milage is kinda bad right now,

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
There is a slight differences in the 94 and 94.5 just like the 99 and 99.5, you just have to kinda know what your looking for.

dyoung:
If you or someone has an AutoEnginuity, you can preform a buzz test on the injectors. A continuity test will usually bring up a bad #8 cyl. injector. If the buzz test is OK then #8 injector is usually OK.

If you like getting knocked on your ass, take a chance on it. It's like getting hit with a machine gun if it's running. You were lucky, just don't press your luck.
But I would like to know if you did check the UVCH like suggested. Kind of like a feedback to know if that is/was the problem. If not we can go on from there helping you diagnose the problem.

Today i was goofing off and and unplugged both the ones on the passenger side, and i cranked on it a little it acted like it wanted to fire, but i didnt really crank on it long cause i was getting cold so i stopped messing with it,

Im gonna put a thermostat in it and see what happens from there, i know it needs one, then i will work my way up, one thing at a time,

Anyone wouldnt have a spare thermostat thats good would yall?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookie.....

Ford super duty parts f250 f350 f 250 f 350 - $1 (san mateo)

Date: 2011-01-06, 6:37PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Parts for ford super duty trucks.

-Brand new ford parts, these are for a 7.3 diesel truck pre 1999 and are OEM fomoco parts.

-2 Brand new valve cover gaskets (two connector style, pre 1999) - $50 for both

-1 brand new under valve cover wiring harness for injectors and glow plugs. - $ 10

Phil 650 954 8011

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• sdhrnss.jpg
    sdhrnss.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
  • sdvcgskt.jpg
    sdvcgskt.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 0

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
lookie.....

Ford super duty parts f250 f350 f 250 f 350 - $1 (san mateo)

Date: 2011-01-06, 6:37PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Parts for ford super duty trucks.

-Brand new ford parts, these are for a 7.3 diesel truck pre 1999 and are OEM fomoco parts.

-2 Brand new valve cover gaskets (two connector style, pre 1999) - $50 for both

-1 brand new under valve cover wiring harness for injectors and glow plugs. - $ 10

Phil 650 954 8011

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Unless someone buys them for me and ships them to me i cant get them
:puke:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless someone buys them for me and ships them to me i cant get them

Just in case someone does buy them for you, have them ship them to me, then you can drive up here to Ohio and I'll install them for you. But I guess until then you'll just have to put up with the miss and the poor fuel milage.

Today i was goofing off and and unplugged both the ones on the passenger side, and i cranked on it a little it acted like it wanted to fire, but i didnt really crank on it long cause i was getting cold so i stopped messing with it,

Im gonna put a thermostat in it and see what happens from there, i know it needs one, then i will work my way up, one thing at a time,

Anyone wouldnt have a spare thermostat thats good would yall?

:dunno Guess that's the end of this thread, til you get some money. Get back with us this summer when it's warmer. No cold cranking then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle