94 f350 idit xlt...110k orig. Miles where to start to help keep her going many more?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many years of research that has been more tiring than the work I've actually done. Like to start by thanking all who have helped me realize what an amazing machine iv been blessed/cursed with lol. Have a 94 f350 idi turbo that took 6 months to build and ship from canada. Has survived many plowing seasons and this girl deserves the best. Have a few upgrades on the way thanks to a cracked manifold passenger side. would like to document/ diagnose as much as possible for you all so helping me break up this project/ problems will be appreciated by all considering iv got a lot to put out there. from engine temp flutters to rpm flutters, etc. Glad to have tapa talk make this easier on us plz bare with me till I get to the good stuff

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing all maintenance on my rig since i inherited it at 57k. put in new g code injectors at 100k after noticing oil levels going up leading me to believe i was putting in too much oil (12.5-13 qts?) Used to cross reference dodge oil filters at Napa now they come in bigger motorcraft sizes the past few years

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Above picture is my cracked passenger side manifold. Have replacement with banks 2.5in downpipe...

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently truck starts up great with cold start advance but when she warms up I must raise throttle most of the time to keep her from sputtering/smoking. Another problem I have that I believe is caused by this crack in manifold is my rpms will not hold steady past 40 till 60 then she smooths out..have 4x4 with 3.55 gears...can any1 confirm my assumptions?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear lord I'm sorry for the information overload...truck will hold steady at 40mph@ 1k rpms and at 60mph@ 1.1k aswell...don't understand the "fluttering" rpms at 41-59mph

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The injection pump is sticking because its gummed up. Might end up needing a rebuilt pump too. Getting rid of those G code injecters is another great idea. They just do not preform better than the Bb codes. I have tried running several sets of G codes and when I finally felt it was time for a test change I installed a NEW set of Bb codes. Now the G codes were new also and only had about 5000 miles on them. The Bb codes made my engine feel like I added 22 more cylinders to it. Nothing wrong with the G codes. They just can't compare to Bb codes. Many have figured this out too ans swapped over from G to BB. Sure, the G codes were designed for the turbo engines but. It was more for the emissions than anything else. If your truck still has the stainless steel factory squished down pipe off the turbo to the muffler get rid of it. That will increase hp and fuel mileage. Ford did a lot of thing to make this engine less powerful than the 460 and the new power stroke that came out 6 month later. Running a turbo we find removing the muffler will give us more hp and better fuel mileage too. The turbo chops up the exhaust noise so well its hard to know the muffler is gone.. till you start pulling a grade or a heavy load. Then any engine will sound off telling you its working now...

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow very glad I began with the little things iv done so far thank you...bought a banks 2.5in downpipe to replace the stock squish and haven't heard much about it only the 3in. Version that requires turbine/firewall mods...

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mind the noise at all will probably run it as soon as I get the manifold and DP hooked up if u don't think I'd hurt anything. my dad had custom dual exhaust put on when he 1st got her I do love hearing the side pipes echo past other cars lol but my idea of removing muffler because of restrictions wasn't favored by him

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know anything is better than that stock Dp but wondering if 3 in. Exhaust is more than good enough?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know anything is better than that stock Dp but wondering if 3 in. Exhaust is more than good enough?

"The standard Banks pipes and mufflers, as tested, have a 3-inch diameter, which has the ability to flow a lot more gases than the stock 2 1/2-inch system. An optional "monster" exhaust with 3 1/2-inch diameter tubing is also available. Banks told us that the larger-diameter system, which we did not test, is good for about 4 or 5 extra horsepower at peak rpm."

http://www.bankspower.com/magazines/show/486-Banks-Sidewinder-Turbo

Gary,you don't still have them new G's around by any chance? want to part with 'em? recoup some of your $? ......you know you need more stuff for behind the seat,that the $ could buy.:)
have to be a good deal though...............your starting to convince me to try another set of bb's lol.:D

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have both sets of the G codes but.. I robbed the shims from them. As they sit they are not runnable. I will see what I can do about shimming them if I can locate some shims. Probably a good reason for a trip to my fav wrecking yard....

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do the bb codes pop test at? Over 1800? And do u have a link on how to shim them?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
To shim an injector you need a pop tester. Otherwise you can't know what they pop at. The shims inside the injectors range from 1 thousands up to about 35 thousands. An increase or decrease of 1 thousands equals a 50 lbs pop pressure change. A set of BB codes pop at 1850 lbs and the G codes pop at 2200 lbs. No shop will sell shims. they have to be harvested from used injectors of any code.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm g codes sound better but I don't know the ratios of atomization

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online