94 f250 rear brakes

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I have a 94 f250 7.3 turbo diesel. I have bought new calibers new fluid new rear kits and rear pumpkin sensor

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please tell this forum what EXACTLY you want to know. My guess is you purchased all said items. Installed same and now the rear brakes are locking up. EVERYONE reading this is attempting to help. It is not the design of this forum to humiliate or embarrass a member for asking questions. None of the questions asked are stupid. Many here can help because they too were in your place asking questions. Look at my post count. I got there helping others but I also asked questions.

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I bought this truck with the brake problem guy I got it off of thought it needed new rear brakes so I put them on and nothing changed then put on all the stuff I listed early in post and still nothing has changed except I can feel the absame trying to work it will grab let go and grab and if I have to stop suddenly they lock up and drag and they will drag on dry pavement even when barely touching the pedal I have bless breaks hundred times and have tried to find stuff onlin but can't find anything that helps sorry for the early confusion but had bad service and phone wouldn't let me post anything to correct the confusion

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well, you may need to replace the rubber line at the rear end.
When it sticks like that, try popping the bleeders loose and see if pressure is built up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so please be specific.

Are you saying rears lock and stay locked or just lock or skid when applied but releaze correctly.

What parts in rear brakes have been replaced?

How are shoes, drums, park brake cables?

Are they adjusted correctly?

Is everything moving freely and smoothly?

replacement of soft lines is a great recomendation...sometimes a small bit of liner can act similar to a flapper valve allow fluid to pass n not return quickly.

You mention bleeding ok have you bled the RABS unit?

Is the RABS light on?

Take your time and respond in full

Please try and space it out so we can read it some what easier too please.

Zbmonster

Reaction score
The brakes are locking up and there are no lights on

I have replaced everything in the drums other then the wheel cylinder brakes cables ect...

I have bled the rabs

Everything seems to be moving freely and working fine

gandalf

Reaction score
The brakes are locking up and there are no lights on

I have replaced everything in the drums other then the wheel cylinder brakes cables ect...

I have bled the rabs

Everything seems to be moving freely and working fine

I think we're moving in the right direction, but you still haven't answered a critical question. When the brakes (rear brakes only?) lock up, do they unlock when you take your foot off the pedal? Do they stay locked up even after you take your foot off the pedal? Each of these situations points to a different problem.

Have you adjusted each rear brake with the self-adjusting star wheel in each rear drum? Never ever trust a Ford self-adjuster.

You say you installed all new parts in the rear drums. Are you absolutely sure you did it correctly? Nothing went in backward or on the wrong side of the truck?

Did you take pictures? We've found that pictures help immensely.

You've got to tell us exactly what you have done, exactly what the symptoms of the problem are.

Zbmonster

Reaction score
The back tires move freely after I take my foot off the pedal and I put the stuff on as I took it off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online