94 E40D

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
My FIL has a E40D from a 94 IDI he wants to sell. It's a ford reman with about 3000 miles on it before they parked the truck. Been sitting for a couple years. He said it needs a front seal. He is asking $1500. The truck was parked for other problems and then he got a 01 PS so he isn't interested in fixing this one.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ? :dunno

You wanna know if you should buy it?

You want us to buy it?

You just wanted to post something? LOL
That's OK too. :D

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $1923 for my Ford reman including sales tax.... I believe retail was around $2200.

There's no reason the front seal should be bad unless they removed or installed the trans improperly in which case there might be front pump damage also.

If you NEED the transmission I'd go maybe $1100 or $1200. Keep in mind the price of a Ford reman includes the warranty that is probably almost up or already is.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I know I should have posted it in the marketplace but he isn't pushing selling it too hard. Just asked me if maybe someone on here might need one. Mr Roboto, I'm not sure why the seal started leaking, but it worked fine until whatever happened to cause him to park it. He said he paid $2100 for it. He is honest and I don't think he'd try to pull anything over on anyone. I know that isn't what you were suggesting, and it is possible for the pump to be damaged. But IIRC it drove fine. He might work on the price, I dunno. I guess if it isn't worth $1500 he'll have to. I just thought that with so many questions about the E4OD's on here recently someone might be interested. Mine is a ZF5 so I'm not interested. Besides, being that I'm married to his daughter, I could get it a lot cheaper if not free! Family does have it's benefits. Anyway, If you are interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with him. Sorry I didn't make it clearer on the first post, i was tired when I posted last night!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online