94 7.3 auto tranny problem

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I have a 94 7.3 with the auto tranny and tonight on my way to work the o/d light started to flash and and shift hard it did this once before on the intersate a week ago or so it goes in and out of overdrive but shifted hard I stopped shut it off and it quit until tonight on my way to work the tranny is a jasper rebuild that has I think around 150000 on it far as I know it has never gotten hot I have a tranny gauge the never been above 160 it's my everyday ride so any help would be awesome

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have you ever changed the injection pump tps switch? They recommend replacing them around 75,000 miles. They do wear out causing what you posted. There is a certain way they are installed on the drivers side of the injection pump. then set them with a digital voltmeter to 1.2 volts idle setting key on but engine off. Wram up the engine before setting. Normal setting is .96 for a soft shift and up to 1.2 for a firmer shift. The center wire in the plug is the test line and its green in color. I just use the point of my meter probe and push it in thru the wire coating. Some use a paper clip in the plug and a alligator clamp to pick up a test.

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I did replace it and I set the tps unless it moved it should be correct I am trying to pull the codes now

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I am using a jump wire from the test port to the little gray port beside it and then turning the truck to on engine off

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online