93 F350 (correction.... its a 95 F350)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Id have to agree that it sounds like the starter is going bad or ring gear is buzzed off to nothing.........

DBogo

Reaction score
is that the start of the starter or is that just a stroker noise because i have talked to a few people that say thats normal

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, since I cant hear the noise I cannot tell you what you are hearing, but there aint nothing normal about a screeching noise on startup unless its a Mopar starter from the mid 70's.

DBogo

Reaction score
well it sounds somewhat normal and a few other people say there strokers do it to so

BJS

Reaction score
Get someone to start the truck with you sitting outside of it so you can determine where the screech is coming from. I had a bad screech coming from the tensioner pully bearing when mine was on it's way out.

DBogo

Reaction score
well i went back and looked at it again and no screech maybe i was imagining it the first time or at the same time i started it a car that went by may have squeeked or somethign because there was no screech this time and i am having a mech look at it this week if theres no problems then its mine :thumbsup: