93 F350 (correction.... its a 95 F350)

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it is a work truck it could be well worn, even at that low of mileage.This is things I would look for:

Check for wetness on the backing plates of the rear brakes which would indicate the the rear wheel hub seal is leaking. That is an automatic brake job.

Check both drive shafts. Grab the front drive shaft and see if you can move it up and down. If so, is it the u-joints or worse, the spline slip yoke, that will require the drive shaft to be rebuilt, ie cut and welding a new slip yoke, and rebalanced. Repeat for the rear shaft assembly.

Check the springs, are the mounting bolts in the center of the spings bushings or have the bushings collapsed and the bolts off center now. Also are the front rubber spring stops show that they have been hitting a lot? Are they too clean from constant use or even broken? If so the front springs may need to be rearched and/or a spring added.

Check the front axle carefully, look at the axle u-joints, leaks from the axle shaft seals, steering linkage, rotors and calipers. If you are lucky enough to pull the right front wheel, check the brake pads for even wear at both ends of the pads. Since these have double piston calipers, rust will cause the lower piston to bind sooner that the upper. The result will be brake drag and uneven wear.

You would have to ask the psd guys for sure, but this is what I remember on the PSD. The valve cover gaskets are quite expensive, so check for signs of a damaged or leaking valve cover gasket. Also look for over heated glow plug harness since the harness can be shorted and require removal of the valve covers. Make sure it is running on all 8 cylinders evenly, their injectors run $200 each.

Last edited:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DBogo said:
both personal and work

Where are you at in Upstate NY. I am actual resident of Schoharie County, still have the drivers license, anyhow, good luck with the truck, sounds like a decent rig. 160K is not alot of miles, but see if you can figure WHY it needed a new engine, and also, check the undercarriage, if it is really tore up from all the salt, it may be worth a trip south to find a cleaner truck. Scotty

DBogo

Reaction score
well its got brand new breaks on it all around so they shouldt be a problem i will try to find out why it has a new engine in it

DBogo

Reaction score
can one of the mods move this to the PSD forum and change the title to 95 F350

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DBogo said:
does a 95 PSD have a cat on it
\

Yes, if the exhaust is still stock from the factory it came with a Catalytic Convertor. What is the asking price and did the deal on the 6.5 fall through?

DBogo

Reaction score
yea the 6.5 was sold by the time i contacted them the second time i just went down there today and it was quite a nice truck had a few minor things like cracked dash pad the asking price is 7750 but i think i can get if for 7 everything works as it should no wierd noised or nothin its has some body work done to the bottom of the front fenders but it aint too bad the interior is nice a little dirty thats it no rips no smells headliner is fine it started up fine drove fine shifted good rode like a one ton new 10ply rubber all around new calipers rotors and brake lines reman navstar motor oo and its got 3.55 rears in it

DBogo

Reaction score
from what i hear the starter is kinda a ***** to change how can you tell if its starting to go and whats the deal with the ring gear

DBogo

Reaction score
oh yea and one more thing what causes the screech sound when the stroker starts up

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the sound go away after its been running for a few minutes?

DBogo

Reaction score
it only makes the sound right for liek 2 seconds when you turn the key and once its running it just sounds like a normal stroker

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online