'93 7.3 n/a tie rods help needed

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a nice wobble n had it checked out n was told it's my tie rods n my tow package, had been doing highway speed of 60mph n drove over railroad tracks n truck did a bad death wobble so, wanting to do it myself n rock Auto had a bunch of them.

Not sure what to get n the rubber is cracked on the short one on driver's side connecting the rod from passenger side.

Fairly cheap on there,have never done it before n trying to save cash any help is thanked in advanced

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
The rubber is just a boot... helps keep grease in and dirt out. If there's no play in it, then its not the problem.

You may have to have somebody else work the steering wheel while you watch the links under the truck. Normally, I only change ends I can prove are worn out.

To pop the joints out of their taper, a swift whack with 2-5# hammer on the side of what they're are seated in (i.e. female side of the taper) usually does the trick.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recently learned the hard way it can also be a combination of loose parts. I had loose tie rods and ball joints with my death wobble. Replaced them and still wobble. I-beam bushings were shot, replaced them, wobble wobble wobble. Hitting a bump over 45. Finally replAced the radius arm bushings and it is gone.

Definitely get someone to steer with truck off just back and forth until they feel resistance. That way you don't waste time and money replacing parts that are ok

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online