92 front clip swap befiore and after

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
W the blue interior that you have now, i would do a all blue that the cab is now(a lot less work) or maybe a two tone kinda like mine, but vise vera
You must be registered for see images attach

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
W the blue interior that you have now, i would do a all blue that the cab is now(a lot less work) or maybe a two tone kinda like mine, but vise vera
You must be registered for see images attach

Agreed!

Not pushing the blue color as some may think, but cutting in the door jambs is time consuming to get it right, but to each their own.;Sweet

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have to swap the core supports to the late model one? or does teh 89 support work with the 92 up stuff directly? i got a line on a front clip and i was tryimg to see if i coudl use it.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Well I was thinking about going red but i do like that two toe blue and white.

Ya i used the 92 rad support just unbolted it at the doors and body mounts and out it comes, and the cowl to. The electrical was super easy i just threw the wiring harnes on the engine and put it back in place on the new front end. Even the light socket plugs were the same. so it was a plug and play but i do have to splice in the corner lights and the horns

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess what i was asking is , will my 89 style rad support work with the late style front end or does it have to be modified? the guy has a front clip from an f150 gasser, he says it will bolt right up but my concern is the bigger rad on the diesel.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well I was thinking about going red but i do like that two toe blue and white.

Ya i used the 92 rad support just unbolted it at the doors and body mounts and out it comes, and the cowl to. The electrical was super easy i just threw the wiring harnes on the engine and put it back in place on the new front end. Even the light socket plugs were the same. so it was a plug and play but i do have to splice in the corner lights and the horns

Alex. You do have blue interior, right?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
turned out good, but i would have left it alone, i like the bricknose better for some reason.

94iditurbo

Reaction score
lookin good bud! ......just remember the work/labor to re paint the door jambs and doors.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
It's easier to swap a brick nose. If you swap an 80-86 truck then you essentially have to swap the bed out as well so the fenders match. Some people dont care, but I'm a little OCD and it would drive me nuts. I did a swap on my 85 as the bed was rusty and the front fenders were beaten.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
hmmmm how well does that plastic and vinyl spray paint work for interiors, looks like it would scratch easy and look like crap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726