92 Cummins smoking

MowMan

Reaction score
I have a 92 Cummins and recently began running waste motor oil.....I started putting about 10 percent right in the tank and just driving and all was good.......I got a tank for the back of the bed so I could more easily manage the mixture and stepped up to about 35 percent......at that point I started getting quite a bit of smoke...............not at freeway speeds but at idle and when accelerating up to speed............the truck is runnig fantastic..better that on ULSD only....but smoke is bothersome....

Any ideas????help???

rock mafia

Reaction score
Any ideas????help???

Runner a higher %, like 80 or 90%. On mine, it all smokes the same at any %. When it's close to free, you don't really care anymore. If you have a dual tank setup, you can always switch back when you don't want to stink people out.

Desert Dually

cane corso
Reaction score
Runner a higher %, like 80 or 90%. On mine, it all smokes the same at any %. When it's close to free, you don't really care anymore. If you have a dual tank setup, you can always switch back when you don't want to stink people out.

I like that philosophy! ;Sweet by the way, i know you from that "other forum" :cool

MowMan

Reaction score
I know that the IDI does better with the wmo at higher percentages, but I thought there might be a trick with the Cummins......I am about a little over 25% the past few days and the temps here are in the 80s and it is smoking less...may need to run a little ATF through it to clean things out....

Manky, I would swap out for a 6.9 but I need a truck that can really pull...that is why I went with the DODGE ROFLMAO

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Interesting I know of an IDI guy that got disqualified to pull at a truck pull by the Dodge guys who were scared of his IDI :rotflmao

I know that the IDI does better with the wmo at higher percentages, but I thought there might be a trick with the Cummins......I am about a little over 25% the past few days and the temps here are in the 80s and it is smoking less...may need to run a little ATF through it to clean things out....

Manky, I would swap out for a 6.9 but I need a truck that can really pull...that is why I went with the DODGE ROFLMAO

MowMan

Reaction score
Really I love the older Fords....I just happen to have gotten a great deal on this Dodge......They all have their place, even the Chevy I guess.....neighbor has 300,000 on his 6.5 Chevy and swears by it.....course he won't touch WMO he gives it to me and I just smile....