86 f350 cc rebuild

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
looking good! hey can you post more info about the 19.5 load range f tires.. i want a large tires that is good highway tread on my truck since its a tow rig.

ray

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
my question is since this is a srw front axle can i use the hub/rotor combo and just bolt my dually extensions on over the hub, or am i going to have to find something different?
chris
Chris what you have will work. The dually extensions will work with that axle.;Sweet

Goldie has the same setup.
Just takes a little time to get them on there cause ya gotta use a boxed end wrench to tighten up the lug nuts.
Lookin good dude!

RedTruck

Reaction score
Chris,

You ask a question I've often wondered about. If you don't mind I'd like to just expound on your question...

What are the differences in solid front axles between the SRW/DRW/Chassis Cab? I know Scott has mentioned that there is a different dish in the rims, but does anyone know the exact differences in rims and axles?

Chris if you don't want this here I'll start a new thread.

BTW, You've got a great start on what sounds like a very nice build. Good luck with your project!

Thanks,

Paul

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Chris what you have will work. The dually extensions will work with that axle.;Sweet

Goldie has the same setup.
Just takes a little time to get them on there cause ya gotta use a boxed end wrench to tighten up the lug nuts.
Lookin good dude!

lug nuts? the extensions on mine are tapped and a bolt passes through the rotor and hub. shabby pics, but here they are 1st is of the outer flange to the wheel. 2nd is of the hub/ extension. will it still work?
chris

Attachments

• MVC-852S.JPG
    MVC-852S.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 15
  • MVC-853S.JPG
    MVC-853S.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 13

diesel4me2

Reaction score
Chris if you don't want this here I'll start a new thread.

BTW, You've got a great start on what sounds like a very nice build. Good luck with your project!

Thanks,

Paul

no worrys, i need all the info i can get. oh and thanks
chris

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
lug nuts? the extensions on mine are tapped and a bolt passes through the rotor and hub. shabby pics, but here they are 1st is of the outer flange to the wheel. 2nd is of the hub/ extension. will it still work?
chris
It should. If yer able to get a pic with the wheel off I could prolly tell better.
Yeah the rotors are sandwiched in between the rotors and the hub assembly. A total PITA to change out a rotor.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
thanks man, i'll pull the wheel tommrow for better pics. if they wont work, im thinking about using these
AA-4 http://www.arrowcraft.com/arrowcraft.php?pageid=products&subpid=catalog&category=3&pagenumber=1
or these
ACAA-4DD http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/p-1919-acaa-4dd.aspx
i think there the same thing, just different prices
chris

Chris, my tellie number is in the BOOB directory, give me a shout tomorrow if ya need to.

Goldie is sporting the AA-4's on the front and the Magnums for the rear.;Really

diesel4me2

Reaction score
so i pulled a wheel off and it looks like i'm going to have to buy the spacers, unless i'm looking at it wrong and it will slip over the hub. anybody know?
heres the pics.
chris

Attachments

• MVC-860S.JPG
    MVC-860S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MVC-861S.JPG
    MVC-861S.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 8
  • MVC-862S.JPG
    MVC-862S.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 6
  • MVC-863S.JPG
    MVC-863S.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 9

diesel4me2

Reaction score
so i received an email from tsm. with mock up pics of my rear disc conversion. the washers are just in place for a measurment so they can have a shim made. let me know what you think
chris

Attachments

• P3190006[1].JPG
    P3190006[1].JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 27
  • P3190007[1].JPG
    P3190007[1].JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 24

diesel4me2

Reaction score
update

so i finally made a little progress today. i've been doing little things like a new dome light, came out of a 96 ford taurus. door lights from a 94 linclon. removed the bed today with a little help from my engine lift, started wire wheeling the frame an painting it. i also...nevermind heres the pics

Attachments

• MVC-895S.JPG
    MVC-895S.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-894S.JPG
    MVC-894S.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-893S.JPG
    MVC-893S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 9
  • MVC-889S.JPG
    MVC-889S.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 19
  • MVC-890S.JPG
    MVC-890S.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 30
  • MVC-891S.JPG
    MVC-891S.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 20
  • MVC-892S.JPG
    MVC-892S.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 37

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Diesel... Now is the best time to check out the condition of the fuel pickup screens in both the tanks. I can reach the front tank from under the truck but the rear tank is not easy. That needs to be dropped or the bed taken off.