85 f350 4x4 conversion

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front frame horns are not exactly correct to mount the front 4x4 shackles properly. The 4x4 has leaf springs. If you want a lift, most people are buying the shackle reversal kits, and that would work on your 2wd frame.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
takes me 2 days to do a complete swap from 2wd to 4wd. but i have done 3 of them now. it isnt to bad to do.

fordf350dually

ih power
Reaction score
diesel crawler wat all do i need. like do i pull it all off a 4x4 or do a have to get specific stuff to make it work on my 2wd also do i use my dually hubs or do i have to get different ones for the dana 60.?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
you will need to find a complete donor axle with dually adapters, springs, shackles, shacke and spring hangers, track bar and mount, steering linkage, front shaft, f350 tcase, and the correct blocks for the rtear. it is alot of work.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yeah. I have about 1500 into it but I picked up my dana 60 for $400 w a driveshaft,driver side u-bolt plate,t-case yolk,dually hubs(sold them for 200),sway bar& brackets, track bar and bracket. But I also COMPLETELY rebuilt axle other than carrier bearings and R&P. All new......ball joints, u-joints,spindle needle bearings w/seals, inner axle seals, pinion seal,wheel bearings, one spindle, one outer axle,rotors, calipers, brake hoses, adjustable track bar, RSK, NEW SD springs, u-bolts, swaybar end links w/bushings and misc hardware.

i still need to rebuild my front driveshaft to the tune of about 100