85 f-350 single cab 6.9l dually question on model

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1985 Ford f350 6.9 l diesel single cab two-tone brown paint job and I'm wondering what was the rarity of this particular model? I've been doing research to try to find a good parts trucks, just pictures to get views of one lifted or lowered. I am slowly restoring mine with new parts. As they break at the moment lol but eventually I would like to. Anyway I have noticed not very many pictures of them online it seems and just couldn't help but wonder if I have something common or a kinda rare bullnose. I know it's not a RARE truck. I'm just wondering in the world of bullnose Ford's is it more uncommon then I originally thought?

Also, 4x4 conversion? Will a donor 4x4 bullnose 150 work?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture? The avatar is hard to see.

But what I can see is that it looks like the Deluxe Two-Tone. Ford had 4 paint schemes on the bullnose.

A single color
Two tone - that was one color on the top, the middle "stripe" and the bottom is the same color of the top.
Deluxe Two Tone - one color of on the top, with the of the cab as the stripe color, the stripe, and the bottom color, same as the top. (What I think yours is)
Victoria - Hood and strip around the door windows is one color, the rest of the body is another, and just the rocker, is the same color as the hood. This is the favorite paint scheme @IDIBRONCO has a F-150 in this scheme. Maybe I can get him to post a picture. We actually had one back in the day that was brown and tan.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, 4x4 conversion? Will a donor 4x4 bullnose 150 work?

Are you asking if the 4wd front drive system from an F150 swap into your F350? No, but it can be done if you swap some chevy knuckles and outers onto the Ford F150 setup. It would be a relatively weak setup for a 1-ton truck though.

Most would go all the way to a high-pinion dana60 swap. I wrestled for years over trying to swap TTB 4wd into my truck before finally breaking down and getting a D60. I'm overhauling the axle and hope to have it in the truck for next winter.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the paint schemes are called, but here's my 1981 F150 and my 1985 F250.

You must be registered for see images attach

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO

That is the Victoria Paint Scheme. It was a $1500 option in 1983. We had a 4x4 F-150 Brown and Tan, just like your 150. My favorite bodystyle and paint scheme. The stripe decal tape is a Victoria only stripe, and is NLA everywhere.

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how rare it was, but I do know it is much rarer today. This one was for sale a few weeks (months?) ago. Looks pretty similar to your avatar. But with only 24,000 miles, it is a true survivor.

It would be interesting to see the production numbers. Ford produced over 560,000 F-Series pickups in 1985, but I think it is safe to assume that only a few thousand at most were single cab, DRW, Diesels.

https://www.primoclassicsllc.com/inventory_detailed.php?cid=646

You must be registered for see images

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how rare it was, but I do know it is much rarer today. This one was for sale a few weeks (months?) ago. Looks pretty similar to your avatar. But with only 24,000 miles, it is a true survivor.

It would be interesting to see the production numbers. Ford produced over 560,000 F-Series pickups in 1985, but I think it is safe to assume that only a few thousand at most were single cab, DRW, Diesels.

https://www.primoclassicsllc.com/inventory_detailed.php?cid=646

You must be registered for see images

Mine looks like this one just much more beaten. And my hood is painted dark brown as well às tan. Will get pictures tomorrow when sun is up.

Blackascoal

Reaction score
That is a very rare truck! I have to say I’ve never seen a single cab dually in that body style, at least in Southern California. I have a 94 IDI dually crewcab and am always looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird ones are that you could order an F-250 with a Dual Rear Wheel axle in the mid 80's as well. This option makes zero sense to me from a GAWR and payload rating stand point, but it was an option.