85 f-350 single cab 6.9l dually question on model

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird ones are that you could order an F-250 with a Dual Rear Wheel axle in the mid 80's as well. This option makes zero sense to me from a GAWR and payload rating stand point, but it was an option.

You must be registered for see images attach

You will have to prove that one. Show us the door sticker that shows that truck being a f250, and it will also have the axle code and the GVWR on the sticker. If it has the f250 letter in the vin, and the GVWR of a dually truck, I then will be a believer.

I called someone else out a long time ago on a single cab f250 4x4 having a dana 50 frontend from the factory. They showed their door sticker and sure enough, it was a single cab f250 with a 4400 lb front axle rating all on the same sticker. Those were special order also.

P.S. I have heard some guys on here talking about a aftermarket company who took f250's and modified them with a dually setup. You may find that is what the truck in the above picture is.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easily my favorite paint scheme..

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes mine as well. I was VERY VERY lucky and happy I managed to convince this guy to sell me this truck and for 1500. Very happy. Lots of new parts and many more to come. This is my daily/rebuild driver lol. New injectors arrive tmw. And then ill save for a new IP. I am keeping it non turbo. I'm not pulling much over 4k so I should be fine. And less headaches.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird ones are that you could order an F-250 with a Dual Rear Wheel axle in the mid 80's as well. This option makes zero sense to me from a GAWR and payload rating stand point, but it was an option.

My step dad had one, F250 Supercab Diesel Dually, aka Big Red.

Basically Ford did not build an extended cab (Super cab) version of the dually in the mid 80's. Dealers would order the Super Cab F250 and send them to a company like Centurian to be converted into a dually. This was not 'technically' a Ford option.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I read this? Trying to find color code and axel code

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the axle code is 52

Which is a 4.10 Dana 70

Paint coles look like 8Q and 9N

8Q is Light Desert Tan - the tan color
9N is Desert Tan Metallic - the brown color

which is what those two colors appear to be.

Mongo Lloyd

Reaction score
Centurian did build conversations for ford or you could but the kit from them. I installed one in 86 on a 84 supercab, grafted fenders and had extentions for wheel to bolt up. The dealers could have your truck delivered to Centurian and then shipped to the dealer when done. In 86 the conversation cost about $6 to $10 thousand for them depending on options. Painted wheels versus Alcoa style wheels and running boards. You have great looking truck though. My brother and I just bought a 85 350 crew 6.9 XLT from a field that had been sitting for 3 yrs. Nothing had been done to it since bought and 88,000 original miles. That is our latest project.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin