85 E350 no blower

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I don't remember if you can or not but the linkage has replacable bushings at least on the trucks. It's not really a fun job though.

I've done them on a 78 Dodge van chassis before and a 95 Ford explorer, so yeah. I don't think it's the bushings though.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I opened the air box and found a loose mud dauber nest in the bottom. This rig must have been stored for a few years or more unattended, by the placement of such nests including in the dash, which I saw when changing the radio.

The motor wasn't seized and span easily by hand.

So I decided to double check the fuse. It wasn't blown in the middle but looked odd at one end. It seems like it blew at an end. It was an old 30A fuse i stuck in a 35A fuse spot where it had no fuse.

I dug out a shiny new 35A fuse from my stash and put it in. Now its working fine. It was just a bad fuse that blew out oddly.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It was just a bad fuse that blew out oddly.
I had a similar experience with a Dent Side. The heater fan quit working. I checked what all I could and nothing worked. Finally, I replaced the fuse and it started working again. It was the old glass tube type. The metal piece inside wasn't bad at all. I couldn't see anything wrong with it, but there was something wrong somewhere.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
This sucker uses 2 different size glass fuses. The blower uses the normal full size one. There is an auto reset breaker in the wiper fuse spot. I guess it was having problems with that fuse blowing.

Attached pic is when it still had the bad blower fuse, the one above the breaker.

I accidentally blew the mini fuse for the 12v oulet and dome light ("court lps") when I was doing the radio and I took this pic for fuse size reference.

Oh and I forgot about "module" having no fuse. What on earth is that for?

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Oh the breaker is original. I found this on the web, for an 86 E350 gasser.

Maybe "module" is cruise control? It's labeled "amp throttle solenoid" on this diagram. "Seat belt" on mine is labeled "fuel tank solenoid" on the diagram.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Hmm there is still a gremlin. This morning, no blower after starting up. I switched it off before turning off the engine last night.

After a few blocks of driving, it came on and stayed working. Haven't driven yet again since then but it was blowing until turned off.

Maybe there is a bad wire connection, or a weak motor?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7