7.3L what the hell do I do?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Looks like everything has been said. I second geos comments about the glow plugs. If it already has the burus make sure they all test good. The way that 7.3 controller works, if you have 1 burned out plug, it will barley heat the plugs enough to do you any good. If you have 2 burned out plugs, you may as well not have GPs cuz it'll hardly heat them at all.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy, sounds like a nice rig. I've ridden in them at airports and always marveled at how they probably run constantly 24 hours a day for who knows how long or how many. Usually, on any "new to you" vehicle purchase, it's a worthwhile investment to change out the fuel system for new. Injection pump, injectors, glow plugs, return lines, etc. Around $600 for the whole shooting match. This way, your engine should run for 100K, and you'll never have to mess with it in that time. Of course, if you don't want to lay out the cash for the reliability, and would rather fix or repair daily, at least consider pulling the injectors to have them tested. You'll be a lot happier with your new purchase if it's running smooth and strong, even if only until the next thing wears out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online