7.3 Vs. 6.6 Durajunk

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2001 Regular cab long bed 4x4 truck, with me at 180lbs and a full tank of diesel (36 gallons +- a few) weighed 6600lbs.

Tug of war test are retarded. They remind me of when I was in middle school the whole 'my dad can beat up your dad' type conversations 4th graders would have.

I like the 7.3, its a nice solid v engine diesel, but the duramax is in a league of its own motor wise stacked next to the 7.3, you just really cant compare the two. The chevy chassis, well IMO I think even the obs ford has a better chassis then it. The base fuel system on the chevy trucks where vary poorly done also. So the point of what I am saying is both trucks have there strength and weakness.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i know some people think tug a war is stupid with trucks, everyone knows about weight and traction, i have been in a few tug a war tournaments and i do it because its fun, using the ford vs chevy vs dodge and whatever else battle is just something you add in to get everyone going, its like at the race track, once all that money is dumped into that chevy or ford race car it is no longer a ford or chevy, at that point its who has more money but its still fun to throw that "yea your ford lost to my chevy", everyone can think what they want but not everyone doing tug a war is trying to prove there truck is better or can pull better, do it because its fun, and if the truck that loses happens to be a chevy then hey rag on the guy a little, isnt any different then what most of us do anyway,

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
^ yep.

I just don't know that I'd beat on my truck that hard.

Maybe if I built a "junkyard truck."

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well honestly if you are driving right then it isn't to bad on the trucks, when you get the guys that just full throttle it or try to hop the truck then stuff brakes, as we all know traction is key so steady throttle works great, i took a v6 dakota and beat a f350 powerstroke with ease by doing that

BIGGER DUMMY

Reaction score
HEY GUYS & GALS,
MY TITLE SAYS UNLADEN WEIGHT IS 5000#,HOWEVER IT IS ACTUALLY 6600# WHY THE DIFFERENCE????? 1991 F350 7.3 EXTENDED CAB FRONT AXEL(STEERING)3500#,REAR AXEL(DRIVE)3100#..EMPTY!!!!:dunno

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya people take the the brand wars the wrong way. I know of people who absolutely refuse to buy one brand or another, or hate one brand or another for no reason at all. I have had a lot of different variations of four wheels over the years, and as others who have had many different vehicles also get, is they all have there strengths and weakness, you really have to try them all to truly find out what your prefer, because at the end of the day it all comes down to opinion, especially as amazing as pickups are now a days. Now you see what truck I have, and that after years of different trucks is my end all kind of truck, so my decisions has been made, as long as the us government doesn't attempt to take it in the years coming.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
My employer has a few d-maxes, they all run really strong. The '12 is a freaking hot rod, the '05 is a loaded cowboy cadalliac, pulls 18,000lb g/n with ease. I wouldn't want any of them on a personal level but I really can't fault the trucks, they are nice. Ford's are like Visegrips, they age and get rusty but usually get the job done long after their life expectancy has expired.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya people take the the brand wars the wrong way. I know of people who absolutely refuse to buy one brand or another, or hate one brand or another for no reason at all. I have had a lot of different variations of four wheels over the years, and as others who have had many different vehicles also get, is they all have there strengths and weakness, you really have to try them all to truly find out what your prefer, because at the end of the day it all comes down to opinion, especially as amazing as pickups are now a days. Now you see what truck I have, and that after years of different trucks is my end all kind of truck, so my decisions has been made, as long as the us government doesn't attempt to take it in the years coming.

Yeah, its like religion. They have a belief that they won't change for any reason, which is silly. Along the years, all manufacturers have built junk and nice vehicles. Saying brand a is better than brand b is silly. I am a car guy, and I actually work on cars and take apart broken parts to see what failed and why. I have all kinds of vehicles, and for a work truck, my 93 idi is by far the best bang for the buck. It works and at 300k miles still runs great. My 86 3/4 ton suburban I had before with the same mileage was junk. Sold it to a scrap yard, and every part was worn out and everything in the interior was broken. One of the nicer trucks I had, but some want not even consider was my Titan. Towed great, good power and great mileage for a gasser and put 120k miles on it without a single problem.