7.3 Vs. 6.6 Durajunk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The front end weight of the duramax will be considerably less.
Aluminum heads, IFS vs full cast iron engine, d60, and what like 600 lbs(?) for the plow.

These old fords are pretty heavy.

That Chevy is supposed to be just over 6k.
My 94 f350 weighs around 7200 with a pretty light flatbed, and both tanks on E.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of the truck tug of wars because its all about who is heavier or has the better traction and there is really no test of pulling power. Its also really ******* both trucks no matter who wins. A better test would be have both trucks pull the same weight on a specific route which includes a long steep grade and see who maintains the better speed, lower egt's and fuel milage. The winner of that one might disappoint duramax haters. :)

The video was fun to watch though.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my dmax was stock it weighed ~6700. Not sure how a #8K ford tank (and that might be under guess w/ flat bed and plow for counter balance) is a fair pull. Mine weighs 9200 now, wanna come prove its not a weight advantage?

Impressive show though.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of the truck tug of wars because its all about who is heavier or has the better traction and there is really no test of pulling power. Its also really ******* both trucks no matter who wins. A better test would be have both trucks pull the same weight on a specific route which includes a long steep grade and see who maintains the better speed, lower egt's and fuel milage. The winner of that one might disappoint duramax haters. :)

The video was fun to watch though.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. And as for the Duramax, well even though I don't like new stuff nor do I like GM products, I think GM made a wise choice in adopting the Duramax mill. It is quite the engine and had been around for 14 years now and proven reliable.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Josh ran his ford across the scale, full fuel tank, plow, and him, 7300#'s. I still say the ford is 1000 times better than the chevy. :D