7.3 powerstroke randomly stalls

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on my uncles 2002 ford f250 xlt 4x4 with the zf6. The truck will randomly shut off after about fifteen to thirty minutes of driving. I checked all the electrical connections I could think of. I found a fusible link near the passenger battery damn near totally coroded. I replaced it. and the vehicle still does it. I also replaced the infamous crankshaft sensor two times thinking the first one I purchased was a bad one. 1st one aftermarket. second one motorcraft (grey housing) when the vehicle runs it seems to run perfect. then out of no where it will just die. I can turn it over all day long. the motor seems to turn over really fast when it wont start. If I wait a few hours the truck will start back up and run perfectly like theres nothing wrong. until thirty minutes or so then it all happens again. Im thinking of dropping the fuel tank and seeing if there is something partially plugging the pick up. I changed the oil and fuel filters to rule those out as well. I also scanned the vehicle and no codes come up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated im not quite sure where to go from here. I can also let the truck sit and idle all day long and the truck stall out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need something like the autoenginuity. Which one of those can you use with your smartphone . I ask this because I have an edge CTS for my 04 that is wonderful and full of important info but its notexactly easy to switch from vehicle to vehicle I remember reading a post on here about one that you use in conjunction with your smart phone and a small box that plugs into your obd2 port
That way

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ICP, if it is leaking oil it's bad. When it don't start pull the ICP connector off, then see if it starts. Doing that, the PCM will revert to a set IPR pressure. Also check the tin nut on the IPR that holds the solenoid on, if is it's loose it will cause a no start and/or shut down while driving.

IPR ICP locations http://www.oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45156&d=1370668266

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45157&d=1370668404

Great info thanks. I will follow those instructions this weekend. Thanks for the links for the part locations also

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online