7.3 IDI w/ banks turbo overheating

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Cubey I was under the impression those gauges were "less good and more cheap"

I assume they're working well for you? I still need to get some but I've been putting it off because of the expense of "good" gauges. If they're working well for you I might try them.
I’ve used Equus gauges on several trucks and equipment over the years. I’ve been happy with them all. I actually really like the plastic lock ring they use to mount them. I’ve never had any concerns with accuracy with them. The only knock I have against them is the crappy backlighting that most aftermarket gauges have. I would buy them again, but I would probably go with Glowshift for anything that gets driven at night a lot. They are as easy to read at night as any modern factory gauges. That’s what I have in my truck now and I really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I had a similar problem about 1 year ago. Temps kept getting too hot when towing. I didn't let it get over 125 while towing. A motorcraft thermostat and a HD fan clutch fixed the issue.

My fan sounds like a jet taking off in the mornings, I can also hear it when downshifting to slow down at lights while towing.

Driving unloded it runs 180 plus or minus 5 degrees.