7.3 IDI Glow Plug Relay

kcnicolle

Reaction score
Hey all--

In a nutshell I've had a helluva time with glow plugs over the years and since cold weather is around the corner this is unavoidable. I replaced all my Autolites (thank god) with motorcraft GP's in time. Then replaced the very costly GP controller with a dealer original...then replaced the relay (for the 2nd time) with a napa swap. Since rockauto can't tell the different between IDI and powerstroke... Anyway. I've heard of a lot of people switching to different relays (stronger relays) that are supposedly more robust. My napa relay clicked from the beginning and just went out. Should I go for another one or should I try a different relay all together? I should also mention only 7 of 8 GP's work...One is seized so badly into the head the nut separated from the threads. Decided just to leave it and pull the head in the future. Suggestions?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Powerstroke and idi use the same relay. (Just the psd one has the pigtail)
For the stuck one, get some aerokroil. Fastenal has it. (Pb blaster may work as well)
You should read up on some of the glowplug threads, all your questions will be answered. (Like what the clicking means)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk