6.9 low oil pressure

llebhsoj

Reaction score
Hi, I look at these pages all the time but don't know how to use them... I hope you all can help. I have low oil pressure, about 5lbs idling and maybe 25 lbs max. I figured it was probably the factory guage so I installed a mechanical guage, same thing. I replaced a fitting on the oil line that feeds the hypermax turbo with a 'T' and that's where I get my pressure reading from. The oil pan is dented right at the plug and after looking at another 6.9 I have I realized that the pick-up tube has definiaqtely been affected by that dent. I am not sure that bending the tube would cause the low pressure or not and want to explore any other ideas before I lift the engine out to check that. Any ideas?

tractorman86

Reaction score
your pick-up might be getting blocked by the bottom of your pan, when things are strait there still isn't much room in there, see if there is anyway you can pull the pan back down. i have also seen a couple quarts of diesel run for about 5min then dump all the oil and start over, bring back oil pressure on an old gasser but i cant say i really condone it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online