6.9 Heads Chance of a Lifetime

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looky here guys.. I found some NOS 6.9 cylinder heads and the seller states they have lots o stuff too. Look closely at the lower corners of the heads. You will not see the traditional triangle coolant passage. you will see the round passage. The precups are smooth too as are the intake and exhaust valve heads. I do not see what casting numbers these are so I wont suggest buying all the seller has. Remember the early heads had a cracking issue. But finally some oem NOS heads pop up... Cool...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NEW-6-9...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d47bd0f46&vxp=mtr

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Jesus!
And that's just one.

Could buy one if not two good running engines for that. Lol

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep a bit too much when Chinese heads are about $1000 both shipped. But I would put them 6.9 heads on my 7.3 any day of the week, real good head to use.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but are the NOS 6.9 heads (depending on year made) considered to be better than the current 6.9 heads being sold that are listed an the Motorcraft website? I'm just kind of curious as I have got the impression that there may be a difference in quality?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but are the NOS 6.9 heads (depending on year made) considered to be better than the current 6.9 heads being sold that are listed an the Motorcraft website? I'm just kind of curious as I have got the impression that there may be a difference in quality?

Where are you seeing new 6.9 heads sold. All my watching and asking has told me there are no new 6.9 heads anywhere. If you have a source please post it. Now the 7.3 idi heads can be bought new and they are a better head than the oem heads. The offshore shop makes them thicker in all the right places so they end up about 10 lbs heavier. I prefer those to the oem heads for that reason.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing new 6.9 heads sold. All my watching and asking has told me there are no new 6.9 heads anywhere.

I came across what I was referring to a few months back when I was browsing the Motorcraft site to see what parts they still sell from my truck, I noticed the are selling heads, part # XU2Z-6V049-CARM
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=1986&m=Ford&mo=F-250#Search

I googled that part # and it shows a lot of people selling them. The part number is different from the ebay auction, I'm not sure what the difference is. I made the assumption that if Motorcraft was selling them on their site, maybe they were still making them. It seems like for a lot of other NOS parts, even if dealerships have them, they don't even list them on the motorcraft site.I think you're right, they are just selling NOS heads. When I posted yesterday, I didn't realize that they are only making 7.3 heads new.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I went to that site and could not tell if the 6.9 heads were new or rebuilt. Kind of leaves me guessing but I bet they are rebuilt. I see the same thing with the 6.9 or 7.3 rods that htey are getting $93.00 each for. Wow...

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to that site and could not tell if the 6.9 heads were new or rebuilt. Kind of leaves me guessing but I bet they are rebuilt. I see the same thing with the 6.9 or 7.3 rods that htey are getting $93.00 each for. Wow...

Actually I think they are rebuilt, I went there again, tried adding them to my cart and the cart shows that they have a core deposit. No I'm not planning on buying any, but I guess it's good to know nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle