6.9 / 7.3 headers

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of headers for a 86 F250 4x4 4spd. it has a 3.5 straight pipe now. thinkin bout dual 2.5 inch pipes from headers back to bed and then run a single 5 inch stack through the bed. Worth the money on power increase? Also does anybody know where to get/have a set?
ive got a set of 38 inch buckshots ~70-80% tread i would trade them for.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this question comes up now and then. Check out stan's headers(POKE HERE FOR LINKY) I have heard of one person doing it, got no idea of the results. At the $500(roughly with ship) price you could find a used turbo kit and the seat of the pants results are gauranteed there.......

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have talked to stans about prices. im prolly goin to do that. my stepdad has 2 turboed trucks. they seem to run hotter than my 6.9 does. i pull a 30 foot gooseneck in the mountains, so i really dont need any more heat if i can help it. do you remember who it was that installed the headers?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got no idea who it was. I only remembered seeing it briefly over at TDS. Oh yea, welcome to the site. Do us all a favor so we can better help you, go into your "user cp" (top of the page above the ads for chokers) and fill in the specs to your truck in the sig line and post roughly the city/town you're in and the state too. This will make everyone's lives easier. BTW, does your stepdad have an IC in his truck. they make a huge difference in the heatup of your truck. My '92 F350 pulls the cont. divide from CA to TX frequently. Unfortunately, flying is getting cheaper than driving, so my next trip will be packed onto Southwest like cattle. :puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online