6.0L Intercooler in my 2000

fordon46s

Reaction score
Ive got a 2000 F350 with a 7.3L in it. I've heard that you can put in newer 6.0L IC in my truck. I found a 6.0L IC from a 2005 that a buddy has. Was wondering what all was needed and what all you had to do to make this swap work. Any help would be great.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Welcome to OB Fordon, I'm not real sure on this subject, someone will be along with some advise on this I'm sure.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Check with lukecline. I'm almost sure that is part of his setup.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Luke is running a 6.0 cooler but its in an OBS. To put a 6.0 cooler inplace of the 7.3 cooler on a SD is a very easy swap. Pretty much a straight bolt up and go deal if I recall correctly.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need the boots and pipes.one of the tubes on the 6.0 cooler is up higher than the 7.3 cooler and one is also bigger on the 6.0 cooler.im running a 6.0 cooler in my 95.my passengers side pipe is hitting my hood and i think it was the passengers side tube on the cooler that was a tad bigger than the 7.3.

twildman

Reaction score
Well, Luke's 6.0 intercooler is currently residing in my truck :rotflmao

But he did have it in his and it works just fine, he now has the DI IC from DI performance.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Luke's 6.0 intercooler is currently residing in my truck :rotflmao

But he did have it in his and it works just fine, he now has the DI IC from DI performance.
Can ya give us a little introspective on the 6.0 IC install into a SD Tony?

twildman

Reaction score
Can ya give us a little introspective on the 6.0 IC install into a SD Tony?
Well as far as the actual install, I put it in when putting in my new motor, so it was very easy from that standpoint. The passenger side intercooler connection is shorter on the 6.0 than the 7.3, so a new boot is needed over there. Other than that, its a straight up replacement.