5 PSI of boost???

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
scheid6996 said:
well i dont agree, i have a psd intercooler with 3 in tubeing, another truck i kno of has the ATS intercoolers system, with a small intercooler, and 1 1/2 tubeing, and my system works much better, i noticed a loss in boost, witch that truck didnt, but i run lower EGT's, and since i have a bigger intercooler, the air going into my motor is colder witch means more dence, witch would make it have a loss in boost, and by turing the boost back up to 10 or 15 psi, it would be the same amount of boost as b4 the intercooler, but it now has more volume beacuse its more dence

Your missing the point of effciency. If the PSD cooler is only 60% effcient, you can get away with a smaller IC that is 80% effcient. There's a reason you can buy, even a new, PSD IC for $100, and a Spearco costs $500.

By up-ing the boost to get over the pressure loss of your IC and piping, your prolly generating allmost twice the heat over stock. IF you look at a compressor map of the Banks/Mitsubishi TD06H you'll see it's running pretty close to the edge of it's perameters @ 12 PSI, in a stock setup. It' a well designed turbo, just to small for a big ineffcient IC. It was, after all, designed for a 4 cyl engine, although, I'm not sure if Banks changed the compressor wheel.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a little confused, what are you saying? Is it better to run a high effcientcy IC or a lower one? And with High or low boost?

I would think high eff. cooler w/ about 12psi would be the best for an IDI.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
hes tryting to say tha the PSD intercoolers arnt effcient enough for our IDI's, but most of the guys on here and out there run PSD intercoolers

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
What I'm saying is, that the PSD and Mitsu TD06 are not a perfect match. Sure It works, and will procduce lower EGT's. The PSD turbo/IC setup is designed to put out 30+PSI. While ours are desinged for 12-15.

If your serious about power, A high effciency IC and an 18-20G compressor wheel would be better. I've been searching for months for reliable information on which wheel the Banks turbo uses. I 'spose I could just call Banks, and see if they'd divulge their info? Something tells me they'd be less than willing. They prolly spent lotsa time and monies to R&D their Turbo kit.

Scheid, how are you going to "up the boost"?
If it were me (which it will be soon) I'd go with a manual wastegate controller. You could go with a fancy electronic, but you'd prolly never need all the fancy extra's they include. Check out the Hallman Boost Controller.
>HERE

It's a well respected product, and will actually build boost faster than monkeying with the wastegate linkage.

Last edited:

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
What I'm saying is, that the PSD and Mitsu TD06 are not a perfect match. Sure It works, and will procduce lower EGT's. The PSD turbo/IC setup is designed to put out 30+PSI. While ours are desinged for 12-15.

If your serious about power, A high effciency IC and an 18-20G compressor wheel would be better. I've been searching for months for reliable information on which wheel the Banks turbo uses. I 'spose I could just call Banks, and see if they'd divulge their info? Something tells me they'd be less than willing. They prolly spent lotsa time and monies to R&D their Turbo kit.

Scheid, how are you going to "up the boost"?
If it were me (which it will be soon) I'd go with a manual wastegate controller. You could go with a fancy electronic, but you'd prolly never need all the fancy extra's they include. Check out the Hallman Boost Controller.
>HERE

It's a well respected product, and will actually build boost faster than monkeying with the wastegate linkage.

that was something i was thinking about doing, so all u do is run the controller in the cab, and run a line to the turbo, and another to the wastgate right? how much $$$ in that controller? and right now i cant handle any more boost, haha i keep blowing IC tubes off, i need to get some stuff welded

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Well, there are 2 types.1 is cockpit adjustable, and another is under hood. The under hood ones are about $75.

Take your IC tubes in and have the ends rolled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online