4x4 no light and switch doesn't work

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could replace the wire harness. I think lmctrucks.com has them. This is not an easy thing to find and it is not easy or cheap to fix. Is it worth it to you?

That's a bit much I think, lol. I'll find or figure out a way to get it fixed without replacing the harness.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a fusible link behind the drivers battery along the fender....looks like a cube wrapped in tape. Could be faulty from all the moving around of stuff?

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a fusible link behind the drivers battery along the fender....looks like a cube wrapped in tape. Could be faulty from all the moving around of stuff?

Thank you! I've been looking everywhere and taking factory tape etc off of everything trying to find it!. Also, now that I'm looking harder into things, my 4x4 works only with the newest gem module ford told me I needed. Doesnt work with the original. Also, my pcm is a remanufactured from ford (looking right at the sticker on it) , I cant afford a new pcm as the cheapest I've found new or remanufactured is 600, and again nothing looks or smells bad in it. I'm wondering if maybe the new gem has made this need to be flashed? I really havnt got a clue on it. But I'm going to track down that fusible link now and go from there. Thank you again.

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see anything resembling a cube..lol. just more factory wire tubing

You must be registered for see images attach

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random thought. Will the wts light come on if the gpr solenoid is bad? I ask because I've got 12.6 volts at 3 of the 4 connections on the solenoid... now in my knowledge if the small posts are supplying power it should trip the solenoid to send power to the other big post going to the glow plugs, correct? Or does it work on ground instead of power on this?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've seen a failed gpr do that. Disconnect it and see what you get.
Also I think you mentioned you have a chip? You can send the pcm in to be fixed. But you can try pulling it to see if the issues go away as well.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the hydra tuner a few days ago. But I'm going to try and disconnect the solenoid and see what happens... still doesn't really explain why no fuel pump?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can't remember if the pump is controlled by the pcm on the 7.3.
You can send the pcm to php. I had to do that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've got a guy over here that's very knowledgeable on these 7.3 pstrokes and hes been testing everything so far that I have and hes fairly certain the computer is done for. He says hes had the same thing happen on a few different trucks of his.

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His scan tool can operate all the stuff on the gem when we bypass the pcm but will not connect to the pcm at all

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random thought. Will the wts light come on if the gpr solenoid is bad? I ask because I've got 12.6 volts at 3 of the 4 connections on the solenoid... now in my knowledge if the small posts are supplying power it should trip the solenoid to send power to the other big post going to the glow plugs, correct? Or does it work on ground instead of power on this?

GPR has no bearing on the WTS light....WTS is powered by the PCM. Also the relay is grounded by the PCM to energize the glow plugs.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His scan tool can operate all the stuff on the gem when we bypass the pcm but will not connect to the pcm at all

PCM could be bad.....or not getting power

What is the PCM code on your truck? I'll see if I can find something that will work.

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I have a broken contact in my fuse box as well, as much as I can pry it up without completely breaking it apart, I see one of the larger spades is broke off of one side of the copper plate inside, so I'm going to get another fuse box and have my computer tested as well and maybe have to replace it also. For now I'll let this thread go. Its strayed around way too much anyway now, lol. Thank you everyone for your help this far! I will update when parts come in

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online