3inch Stacks?

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It puffs at start up, it hazes when stabbing it other wise from what I can see it runs fairly clean for a old antiquated platform, It's no where near a electronic truck with a tuner. Yup, I purely use my crew cab to run to Roth's and back, it's sooo convenient to park and all. ;Sweet

Number21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It puffs at start up, it hazes when stabbing it other wise from what I can see it runs fairly clean for a old antiquated platform, It's no where near a electronic truck with a tuner. Yup, I purely use my crew cab to run to Roth's and back, it's sooo convenient to park and all. ;Sweet

Even if they don't smoke pretty much all IDIs stink unless you enjoy the smell of diesel fumes. (And I do, most don't) Stacks get that up where nobody is sitting.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDIs smell way better then any other diesel on the road. all newer diesels make me nauseous if I'm stuck behind them, and there supposed to be better for the environment. cookoo:puke::confused:

Number21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIs smell way better then any other diesel on the road. all others make me nauseous if I'm stuck behind them, and there supposed to be better for the environment. cookoo:puke::confused:

I like the smell of pure unburned diesel too...but most other people on the road not so much. No reason to give diesel guys a bad name if your rig happens to be extra smokey or stinky from something like waste motor oil, stacks are the more polite thing to do in those cases.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of the dodge guys put stacks on along with their 6ft side mirrors. .

yeah I see those guys all over the place, the funny part is most of them are not dual wheeled or have wide beds or they never tow anything. I just need an arm that swings down and cuts them off.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if they don't smoke pretty much all IDIs stink unless you enjoy the smell of diesel fumes. (And I do, most don't) Stacks get that up where nobody is sitting.

Rolling bob tail the exhaust just rolls over the tail gate, there's no getting away from it. Other people not liking something should not dictate what some one does to there truck. But..... If you hang stacks or dump it out front of the tire you should expect some grief and under stand it's mostly ribbing. Two of my friends have done dumps, I constantly made fun of them. Another has a straight cut stack which he did for pulling a sled, I still make fun of him. As long as it's not hacked, it's just ribbing and they know it.

Number21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it's not hacked, it's just ribbing and they know it.

It's also pointless and annoying in a thread where a guy wants to install stacks.

PS - I've got nothing but compliments about the exhaust that dumps before the rear wheel on my newer truck. No "ribbing", lots of jealousy from the gas powered guys.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I wanted to do in front of tire on my stroke. Was cheaper to get the whole kit with factory exit. It would get tiring cleaning those wheels every week.
A stack won't do a whole lot for keeping it off a trailer.... diesel exhaust falls straight back to the ground. You would need a ten foot stack to get it up over your load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online